Can anyone recommend a good indoor car cover for a 360 spyder? | FerrariChat

Can anyone recommend a good indoor car cover for a 360 spyder?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Azzuro Blue, Dec 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Azzuro Blue

Azzuro Blue Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    West Palm, FL
    Red with a Ferrari logo would be best but don't care to spend $900 for a factory cover. Preferably soft enough not to scratch the paint. Thanks

2. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    I bought a 430 silver/gray cover. Very soft inside, lightweight, and easy to clean. It’s perfect and fits the 360 Spider like a glove. You can find them fairly often on eBay for a fraction of that price.

3. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Yes - EBay's the place. Got my like new 360 OEM cover for $400.00. Reminder that the Spider and Modena covers are slightly different.

4. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    If you have enough room to move around your car in the garage, and want a cover that doesn't rest on the paint, yet don’t need the dehumidification, the Touchless Car Cover is an option. You can, and I have, used a fan for positive air flow into the cover. But it isn't sealed like the bubble cocoons. Usable outside for short term in good weather. I like mine, for the touchless part, and that you can drive in and out of it without having to take it down. There’s access for either door, and front end and back. Pull in and out either end also.

http://www.touchlesscarcover.com/

5. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Formula1r likes this.
  6. Azzuro Blue

Azzuro Blue Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    West Palm, FL
    Thanks for the advice. I didn't find any used on E Bay now. Do they show up there with any regularity?

7. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    I have a covercraft one on my car and keep the oem one tucked away. It's very nice and thick and has the cavallino embroidered on the bonnet

8. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    They used to , but I haven't been checking recently.

I'd also try Tom Vails or Eurospares. They have both been very successful in getting hard-to-find parts for me.

9. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    The original Ferrari covers are made by www.covercar.com

I'm sure you will find the pricing to be much more competitive than the dealer :D

10. Azzuro Blue

Azzuro Blue Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    West Palm, FL
    How long does it take to put on a factory cover? It looks pretty tight fitting so hopefully it is easy enough to not be a deterrent to using.

11. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    60-90 seconds. It's very easy.

12. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Also you do not have a 360 spyder. You have a spider
    Ferrari replaced the y with an i after the 308 (I think)

Just saying! lol

13. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
  14. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    If purely indoor, just get a larger loose fitting (larger car) $25 dollar one off Amazon. No scratches as it just drapesover the car, just shake it out on driveway. I have a couple medium SUV ones, just fling them on and off....

15. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    Amazing products. Thanks for sharing

16. obertRo

obertRo Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2014
    Holland, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    If you are patient, you can find a factory cover for $300-$400. Just look here and at eBay daily and enjoy the hunt :)
    There's something very satisfying about the red factory cover with the proper prancing horse logo...just sayin'!

17. Azzuro Blue

Azzuro Blue Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    West Palm, FL
    That is a good point. I have read you should not put a cover on a car when it is even a little dirty. So does that mean I couldn't really use a factory cover except after the car is just washed? Something i could drape over a slightly dirty car without scratching it sounds like it might be a better solution. Any thoughts?

18. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    I never put a cover on a dirty car. What’s the point?
    If it’s just a little dusty, I dust it off first.
    And I “roll” my cover on and off to limit any rubbing against the finish.

19. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Yes, that is why I use this method. The factory cover is very form fitting and stretches over the car, and unless fresh washed I seldom use it. Sure looks cool with the factory cover, but usually I just dust the car after a drive, and touch up bird or other larger spots, and drape the large cover over the car. Not pretty, but practical. In addition, if the car is even a little dirty, that factory cover will not only rub the dirt into the car, but also pick up the dirt for next time you use it.