Windshield Frame or Part number needed | FerrariChat

Windshield Frame or Part number needed

Discussion in '348/355' started by cuneo, Dec 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Hi guys, about to replace the windshield on the F355 due to delamination. I already have the windshield glass, but need to source the frame/trim pieces. Ricambi doesn't carry them anymore apparently. Does any one know where I can find one or what the part number is?

Thanks!

2. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I suggest that you try eurospares.co.uk if you don't mind ordering from outside the US. I have had good luck ordering hard to find parts from them. They currently list a used complete frame for the 355 in stock for just a bit over $300 (varies with the exchange rate) + shipping. If they don't have something, they have been very good at ordering directly from Maranello.

FerrParts is also a good source and they are somewhere in the Sacramento area.

cuneo likes this.
  3. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Give me a call may be able to help u
    Steve
    818-621-4593

cuneo likes this.
  4. Pangea

Pangea Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    The frame and rubber seal come together as a kit from the factory. Ive heard some people have managed to remove the bonded seal without damaging it and were able to reuse it. I couldn't save mine so had to buy the kit. My metal frame was damaged prior to change anyway so I had to do it. Maranello classic spares or Eurospares should be able to help. Not a cheap part for what it is. Number 2. Same as 348. Hopefully Steve can help you out.
    https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/355-5-2-motronic/bodywork-lighting/glasses-and-gaskets-41133/62198800

cuneo likes this.
  5. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce

Hi Hudson,

That is Part #: 62198800

Sorry but I no longer have this part

cuneo likes this.
  6. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Thanks so much for the info everyone, very appreciated. Will look into all of the above options and report back. You guys are the best!!

7. Pangea

Pangea Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Make sure the kit is complete as they advertise wherever you buy from if thats what you need. I suspect the second hand one at Eurospares will just be the metal trim. I may be wrong but it pays to ask.

cuneo likes this.
  8. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Will do, thanks very much for the tip.

9. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    report back what you find please.. it seems to me as well, that the used piece on Eurospares is just the metal frame and does not include the rubber frame.
    which as I understand its the rubber frame which is difficult/problematic to preserve when pulling the windshield

Pangea likes this.
  10. Pangea

Pangea Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Bear in mind the age of the original rubber seal too. Probably better not to reuse on a job like this. Shrinkage, suppleness general condition etc. Its best just to swallow the cost and fit the whole new kit in my opinion. I obtained the parts before removing the screen just in case. Not something you want to do twice.