Sebring II parts needed | FerrariChat

Sebring II parts needed

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 66Sebring, Dec 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 66Sebring

66Sebring Rookie

Dec 20, 2017
    Full Name:
    William H Taylor
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the forum as I'm in the process of starting a 1966 Sebring II with a 3700cc engine I've owned for over 40 yrs. It has been stored until now. The story is a doctor who lived in England sent his cars to the US before his move here. The move never happened and word was sent to have the car sold. I bought it from a local car nut in 1977 for $1650. Car is black with wires but no A/C. The engine was disassembled by the car nut and when he figured he couldn't handle it he sold it to me. Engine had dropped 4 valves but no damage to the cylinder walls or head. As soon as I got it I put in all new pistons, bearings, lower end stuff and kind of put it together knowing it had to come apart later when life got simpler. Exhaust cam forward journal was wiped so the head is currently in the shop for a rework. The block does not have a S/N so I'm assuming this is not the original engine which means the original must have met a similar fate. Another problem is the fuel injection which is dated 5-63, an oil lubed system from an late model 3500GT. I want to get the engine done while the car is at the body shop for 4 months starting in Feb.

At this early stage I have some questions:
    Does anyone have a later 730-24 "oil-less" system for sale maybe from a Mistral even
    Does anyone have any history with the new one piece head gaskets as opposed to the original multiple piece head gasket

I'm sure I'll have more questions but for now this will help
    Pictures will come. Not much to look at now

2. carnutz

carnutz Karting

Aug 11, 2008
    Thomas, I have a complete 'oil less' Lucas fuel injection system from a Mistral. I also have some miscellaneous Sebring parts.
    You can reach me at [email protected]
    Regards,