488 GTO ? | Page 45 | FerrariChat

488 GTO ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wab0625, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355GTB

F355GTB Karting

Jul 9, 2012
    488VS sure will put the GT2RS off and probably the 720S.

2. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    yes, but we shall know much more after the dealer presentation mid-january:::))))

3. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    You let me know when you’re coming and I’ll make sure to meet up with you and show you around. If my 488 GTO is there by then I’ll take you in mine then you take me in yours. If not we will settle for the Speciale;-)

What color are you thinking? I have a feeling this will be my first yellow car! Unless I see it and it won’t work, triple yellow is my thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JagShergill likes this.
  4. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Agreed. The pictures in posts #1077 and #1080 are definitely NOT the same car.

Measure the diameter of the wheel, in each photo. Use that as a basis to measure front end "overhang", in each photo. Not even close ...

Ferrari 308 Vetro likes this.
  5. dhari

dhari Karting

Jan 24, 2011
    Vancouver,Canada
    Full Name:
    Deepak Hari
    Would the VS actually have center lock wheels? Quite an expensive addition the the GTB!

6. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Standard on most GT Porsche's and reasonable cost option on the Performante so IMO why not.

7. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    thank you! for sure i will come back on this.

triple yellow is just wow!

i will go uni. not metallic.
    maybe uni black as my 991GT3RS. Or some sort of (BritishRacing)Green or Azzurro Dino.

curious for the stripe options they will offer.

We should start a thread for a possible Geneva meeting.
    Just two month and some days to go - to be able to take a seat in the 488VS.

Attached Files:

JagShergill likes this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  9. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    stripeless me too. i put stripe decals on my GT3RS and while i liked them originally i am getting fed up by them. luckily they go off in ten minutes:::)))

10. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    It's almost funny how you're overthinking. The instagram picture is obviously heavily edited, but it's still intended to show a LaFerrari, nothing else...

11. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    So why disguise it with a cover ?

12. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany

I think it was intended to be a Christmas present. Hence the cover.

Shack likes this.
  13. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Ferrari stripes are painted, so one better be certain they want them. I know they are popular on hardcore versions though I never could understand why. Then again, I’ve never liked racing livery. I think it detracts from the cars pure beauty.

14. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    exactly, stripes distract. but my thinking was that the GT3RS is not really beautiful, so stripes might do well, also to take it apart from a standard 911. still, i am getting bored by them.

15. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    They should have centre lock wheels....why.....because Formula 1, thats why. Just kidding but I actually like the clean look of centre lock wheels even if some pope say they are a pain. I have them on GT3RS for years and it wasn't that big of a deal to change them out.

I would also like to see a pirelli Trofeo R option and if it were me that would have the red striping on them to further push F1 look. Throw on some Brembo carbon ceramic Extrema brakes and you sir are starting to connect the two worlds even further.

16. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    #1116 werewolf, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    If the picture is so "heavily edited" ... how do you know what it's "intended to show"?

And why go to so much effort, to "edit" a picture of LaFerrari? I'm pretty sure the public already knows what this car looks like ...

I'm not saying the picture is a clue or hint about the 488 (GTO) ... i just know that the two pictures aren't even close to the same car, in dimensions or proportions.

SAT4RE, MuratC and Shack like this.
  17. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
  18. nkhalid

nkhalid Karting

Mar 5, 2015
    I think the GTO will follow the usual less weight more aero more power recipe. It will likely match the 720s on track and maybe be quicker.. but possibly not in a straight line. It’ll definitely be more emotional and visceral than anything else on sale.. my dealer suggested it was the car for me when I told him I felt the 488 could be faster on track.. we will just have to wait till jan or Feb I guess..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  20. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    I think triple yellow would look great.

Am open minded about the stripes.

I am up for meeting in Geneva.

jo_ker likes this.
  21. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I have been assured of this :) - Only few weeks to wait

nkhalid likes this.
  22. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    lets wait for the stripes. than i‘ll decide. the speciale i would have taken without. the scud i guess with stripes.

69 days to go.

23. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Dealer meeting 18/19th Jan so lot of info after that.
    Guessing the Photoshop images will be out soon after dealer reveal (458 Speciale was revealed early August 2013 about 6 weeks before Frankfurt Motorshow)

24. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    My dealer is waiting for his allocation numbers from the factory, before deciding which customers can have cars - do you think these will be released at the January meeting?

25. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Really don't know. Good question and I will ask my dealer. What I do know is that 488 owners do get priority. I know that there has been much debate on this topic but in both markets I purchase the story is consistent.