308GT4: Re Tech Bulletin 266/8. What size was rear horse badge? | FerrariChat

308GT4: Re Tech Bulletin 266/8. What size was rear horse badge?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Ian Bishop, Dec 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    First time poster - have searched diligently to find answer through all prior threads, but can't... so go easy on me if I missed the answer elsewhere.

Recently acquired 1975 308GT4, fully Dino badged with exception of rear Ferrari horse badge, which seems far too large - a 5 inch height. Technical bulletin 266/8 instructed dealers to install PART 102402 - but despite lots of searching I can neither find this part listed anywhere, nor any technical details as to the correct size of this part. Mounting holes drilled into body are 34 mm apart. I'd like to replace the 5 inch one with the correct size (assuming it'll fit the holes drilled). Any guidance welcome.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jkfuller

jkfuller Rookie

Sep 23, 2016
    Sioux Falls
    Full Name:
    James Fuller
    I have a 75 308GT4 which was originally sold as a 76 and had been rebadged as a Ferrari. Mine has a horse that’s slightly over 4 1/2” tall. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. archstanton

archstanton Karting

Aug 10, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    My 75 GT4 had a horse about the size of yours. Seemed to me they all were that size.

4. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    If it is a fully Dino badged -75 I am not sure it had a horse badge from start. From -76 yes.
    Looks like a nice GT4. More pictures?
    /Peter

5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    the one on my early 75 is approx. 3'' tall. Ive never seen one as tall as yours

6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  8. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    What id really like to know is where the hell did you got that license plate frame////?????

NoGoSlow likes this.
  9. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    I made the licence plate myself - uploaded images to an online site that will print the images you want in the top and the bottom. It came out perfectly how I hoped.

10. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    thanks for all the replies - my inclination was that the 3 inch horse was period correct. I think this badge may have been added later than 76 as it is the only 'ferrari' bit on it, and didn't look like the right size per the technical bulletin. the car was first registered in 77, so perhaps the dealers added whatever stock they had at the time.

11. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Very cool. What website?

12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Thanks I'll check it. That's s good I des you had

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Black Barts Emporium of emblems will have both sizes, your trouble will be the drilled holes.

If you mount the smaller one with 3M emblem sheeting adhesive maybe the holes will be covered?
    I agree about the dealer "doing the best they could" as the Tech Bulletins were not supported with parts inventory!

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Dino purists would say "no horse at all" , even more if your nose badge is still the DINO version.

That Tech Bulletin was in response to poor sales.

15. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    Fully agreed.. but a smaller horse is a better solution (for now) than bodywork to fill in two drilled holes and a repaint of that panel...