Mele Kalikimaka | FerrariChat

Mele Kalikimaka

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by renman95, Dec 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. renman95

renman95 Karting

Jul 16, 2016
    Oahu, leeward side
    Full Name:
    D8LF
    ...and happy New Year.

What's everyone doin'?

We went jet skiing as a family at Keehi Lagoon. Good fun.

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm putting the top down and taking the dog for a ride. That way I don't need to be with the family. :)

TrojanFan likes this.
  3. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I bought myself an X-Box One and a Ferrari racing wheel controller. I hooked them up to our TV and I have been racing and wrecking Ferraris all over the world for the past day. It is interesting to see all the tracks (and all the cars). They are beautifully rendered. I haven't played computer games or simulators in twenty years, and the technology is amazing. It is not as cool as actually tracking a car, but it sure is cheaper! (Especially the way I drive.)

Kevin Rev'n likes this.
  4. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Where do you get the Ferrari wheel controller? Is it Forza you are playing? Just got my daughter an X box One and wanted to get something I would play.

5. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Lots of wheels on Amazon. They have two Thrustmaster Ferrari wheels, one is about $99 and the other is about $300 -- the more expensive one is the Thrustmast TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENFVS5Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I think the $300 wheel is worth the money because it has force feedback, which is what gives you road feel through the wheel. You may need a stand, too (I did). I've tried Forza 7 and Forza 5. I like both of them. The Forza 7 visuals are amazing! The detail is beautiful and just stunning. But I think Assetto Corsa is a better driving simulator -- much better road feel through the wheel, and (to my way of thinking) more realistic vehicle response.

At this point I have wrecked innumerable Miatas and vintage Jag E-types, as well as a few Ferraris. It is good fun.