AZ to get Ferrari National meet in November 2019 | FerrariChat

AZ to get Ferrari National meet in November 2019

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Robb, Jul 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Just got this today:

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT
    Rob Biddle and Peter Volny are delighted to announce that we have been awarded the honor to host the Ferrari Club of America National Meet for 2019. This is held every year in a different place but has never been in Arizona, so we get to show off our wonderful state. It will be held from November 6-11, 2019. Many members have warned us that we are crazy to take on this workload but we are hoping, actually confident as we already have over 50 volunteers, that we can show the rest of the country how good we are and have them leave with a great impression of Arizona. While November 2019 may seem like a long way off there is a lot to do. We have already contracted with the Doubletree on Scottsdale Rd. as the official hotel and with Bondurant to be the official track. Scottsdale Ferrari/Maserati has also very graciously offered to host a cocktail party at the Penske Museum. We hope to have a concours site booked within the next few weeks. We will give you updates as things fall into place but welcome any suggestions and assistance.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Nice. I have never been to Az, might be a great reason to go! Any idea what model will be celebrated?

3. Hubs348

Hubs348 Karting

May 9, 2013
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Great news!

4. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I would be happy to help. I should probably join the FCA first though.

JohnsonsMedia likes this.
  5. BGA23

BGA23 Rookie

Dec 2, 2012
    Scottsdale
    Sounds awesome and will be a great opportunity for the valley to showcase all we have to offer. But The Doubletree? I would have thought a more upscale hotel as more appropriate though.

6. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Plenty of resort hotels... not sure about the doubletree...

Robb

7. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    congrats - good time of the yr as well

maybe the Phoenician could host as well!

8. BGA23

BGA23 Rookie

Dec 2, 2012
    Scottsdale
    Doubletree is in a very good location but aside from that it isn't anything special. I would think Ferrari owners would want something more luxurious - Phoenician, Four Seasons, Fairmont Princess, Biltmore, etc...

But if FCA has already contracted with the Doubletree they're pretty much locked in, unless they want to pay some sort of cancellation to get out of the contract (which prob wouldn't be very much this far in advance).

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    This an unbelievably monumental task. When I was the FCA regional director, they tried to corner me and get me to volunteer to host. Based on trying to get the members to do much more than attend a dinner, and no way would they even approach a track, I declined every time. Every year at the regional director's meeting, they go after people, (stroking egos all the way), trying their best to get their 'volunteer'.

In order to pull it off, it requires a massive effort and a massive number of member volunteers. We've got a great location, with lots of great roads, OK tracks and incredible resorts (not sure the Doubletree is in that league). At least I don't have to stress about it!

Best of luck!

10. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Robb - couple of questions ref regional meet

1. Do you have to be an FCA member to put a Ferrari in the show and to have it judged?

2. Do you have to be an FCQ member to help with the show - as a volunteer or otherwise?

thanks a lot.....

11. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I think anyone can volunteer to help.

I do believe you need to be in the FCA to show a car in the concours. But FCA membership is cheap - like 100 bucks.

I will definitely attend.

Robb

12. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    BANNED Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    To enter a car into the concours you must be an FCA member and a registered attendee.

Membership is very reasonable at $135. FerrariClubofAmerica.org You can offset this cost with the assorted member benefits discounts, including official dealer discounts for service.

The event will have social events, concours (IACPFA standards), drives and track time.

Of course, volunteers are always wanted.

13. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Rob Biddle (Regional Director), Peter Volny (Activities Director) and the rest of the FCA Desert Region board members, myself included (Secretary), decided on the Doubletree resort due to a number of factors. Of all the resorts Rob and Peter visited the Doubletree meets the demands that FCA National outlines as requirements for hosting this event. While it is by no means as chic as some of the other resorts in and around metro Phoenix, we are confident that it will be a splendid host resort.
    Feel free to navigate over to ferrariclubofamerica.org to sign up as a member and join us!

14. rgottschalklaw

Apr 4, 2015
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Randy
    As Desert Region FCA members my eife and I are looking forward to volunteering for the event. It's certainly going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

15. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I'm over here in El Paso , Tx but i will make it a priority to get to this event !!

16. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM

Good Job Guys!!! Its about time Arizona got in the game. looking forward to the event. Let me know how I can help.

17. AZ308GTS

AZ308GTS Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    Phoenix,AZ
    This should be fun. The last national event I attended was with the Alfa Club way back in 1997.

18. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    I'm a member of the Northwest Region but I hope to be an Arizona resident by 2019. Will definitely plan to attend.

19. Ed Thorne

Ed Thorne Rookie

May 8, 2017
    Santa Fe, NM
    Full Name:
    Edwin Thorne
    Great news !!!!!!!!! I am a Santa Fe resident and will definitely be there and will bring some fun cars.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
  21. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
  22. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Hi Scott- look for all the event details and sign-up information on our website in February including volunteer opportunities for those who are interested.

Thanks,
    Stephen Gould
    FCA-DR Secretary
    2019 National Awards Chair

synchro likes this.
  23. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
  24. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    FCA National meet in AZ! How cool. I was just in Scottsdale dropping off my racecar for its journey East. Scottsdale is a killer city. I was very impressed, food, facilities, cleanliness and gas is $1/gal cheaper than Cali so fill those Ferraris with 100 octane for the trackday.

arizonaitalian likes this.
  25. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Shhhhhh...you are right, but please tell all your neighbors it was a ****hole and you couldn't wait to get back to beautiful socal!

SoCal to az and RWP137 like this.