Car guys tour - Italy.... Anyone go before? | FerrariChat

Car guys tour - Italy.... Anyone go before?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by schnazzy, Dec 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    Anyone go on the Car Guys (Ferrari Club) tour of Italy before? Was toying with the idea. I have wanted to go to Italy and essentially the same places. Looking for anyone that has direct experience to share.... post or PM.

Thanks!

2. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    We did the tour years ago (2007 maybe?) and highly recommend it. Frank does a great job of putting together a trip to places a car guy would love to see, even if you didn't know you wanted to go there. I often felt we were seeing the grungy backside of Italy. When other tours take you to the fancy art museums and ancient Roman ruins, Frank takes you to the indutrial parks where cars and car parts are built or repaired. And of course, he does take you to some car museums and other nicer places. But its the insides of Golden Car where they stamp out body parts for Ferrari in this huge, noisy factory, or Borrani, where they still string wire wheels as they have done since they began, or the small little body shop where they're painting valve covers for v-8 Ferraris in one corner and pounding panels on a 250SWB in another, that you're going to realize you're seeing things you didn't know you wanted to see, but are so glad Frank knew.

When we went, it was our first visit to Italy, and gave us a good sense of the coutnry and how easy it would be for us to do things on our own in the future. We've revisited many of the places Frank took us since, and ventured out and around Italy far further, but still think fondly of the trip with Frank and the others in our group.

tifoso2728 and f355spider like this.
  3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    This is one of the shops on the tour:

I've spoken to Frank about it before. Would love to do it someday.

4. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    WOW
    Very cool video so thanks for that ;)
    I can’t imagine working like that with tourists all over the place, but it would be my dream job.

5. jimveres

jimveres Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    I went back in 2005 and had a fantastic time. Italy has so many places for a car guy to see and I never would have been able to find them, let alone be invited into them without the tour. Highly recommended!

6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

It was 10 years ago wasn't it. That was a blast! Honestly one of the best vacations I've taken.

docster and eric like this.
  7. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I just recently found my ball cap while cleaning out a closet and started wearing it again. :)

docster likes this.