Headed to NO to see Clemson dethrone AL-What must we see while there? | FerrariChat

Headed to NO to see Clemson dethrone AL-What must we see while there?

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Dec 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Hey Fchat brothers, we will be there for a short window, just what is it we must see while in NO? Any cool car collections? I did read about the WWII museum, and we have planed a flight lesson out of the LakeFront Airport- (We do this everywhere we travel to see an area from the air). Cancelled the Natchez riverboat tour after reading reviews and looking at the weather-may not fly either for that matter. Any constructive suggestions will be appreciated. Go Tigers! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Best "Local Restaurants" would be helpful as well, have been to yelp, but what do you recommend? Thanks

3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The WWII Museum is a Must See, I just visited it this week. Give yourself a good 3 hours there or more.

4. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    WW2 museum is great, was just there last week. Plan on at least a few hours, and you could easily spend an entire day there. Where are you staying? There are so many great restaurants to choose from, people may be able to recommend some close to your hotel. Be sure to check out Uptown and Garden District areas in addition to FQ and CBD. There are some historic homes tours that are interesting if you like neat old houses and architecture. Even if you don't fly, I'd recommend checking out the terminal building at Lakefront Airport. It is an incredible art deco design, and recently underwent a full historic restoration. The interior detailing in particular is really cool, especially if you're a fan of art deco design. There is also a restaurant in the airport that has a pretty good breakfast, brunch, and lunch menu.

5. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
  6. ahirsh

ahirsh Karting

Oct 14, 2015
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    For local fare and atmosphere, Clancy's is one of my favorites. It's not in the quarter/tourist area but a short cab ride away. WW2 museum is great. Depending on the weather, jump on a streetcar and ride it uptown from downtown and back. here is Clancy's website. I am a little surprised they have a website. It's an old house converted to a restaurant. https://www.clancysneworleans.com.

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    This. Everything else, make it food related. NO is one of the best foodie towns in US...T

8. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Juan,

I’ll be at the game as well and have a table at Borgne at 5:45PM. How many are in your group? Perhaps you guys can join us.

Shoot me a private message.

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I would just take John's offer and follow him!!

Although I pick up Zophie on my way in., as a Guide.....:D