My First Ferrari 07 F430 Spider #154977 | FerrariChat

My First Ferrari 07 F430 Spider #154977

Discussion in '360/430' started by KBR54, Dec 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Sylvan Lake Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    After reading this forum extensively for answers to my questions about the F430 for 4 months now I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a 07 F430 Spider in Black with CCB from Chicago Motor Cars. CMC was great to deal with from start to finish.
    I write this sitting in the Chicago O’Hare airport while waiting for my second delayed flight of the day now traveling home to Alberta after flying to Chicago this morning to view the car in person before handing over the $$$.
    I would like to send a thanks to a few members that I reached out to and they went above and beyond with information to help guide my first Ferrari purchase.
    Thanks Steve “SAFE4NOW” Service Manager of Boardwalk Ferrari in Dallas who helped me steer clear of a car I sent him for a thorough PPI and also help with looking up info through the Ferrari data base on the car I purchased when it had nothing to do with his dealership.
    Thanks Daniel “dhurlbert” for all your email and PM correspondence about the cars I was looking at. Also for your You Tube videos that made me realized I could buy a Ferrari that I thought would always be out of reach.
    Now the 4 month wait till no snow begins. I’m already starting to feel like this is going to be a long winter...
    CMC is shipping the car from Chicago to another of their dealerships in Las Vegas for me to pick it up in April.
    My wife and I will then be going on a Nevada and California road trip before heading up the coastal hyw back to Canada to its new home.

If anyone on FChat previously owned #154977 please PM me I would love to learn any previous history about this F430.

Regards Dave

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

cavlino likes this.
  2. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
  3. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  4. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Congrats David! Nicely optioned F430! Enjoy that road trip and be safe.

5. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Wow, what a beautiful F430 Spider, it looks perfect to me. Congrats David!

6. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Wow, congrats on the car,,looks beautifull

7. kreh

kreh Karting

Feb 21, 2006
    OC
    Full Name:
    Kim Reh
    David, your '07 is a beautiful spider. Congrats on your purchase. I have a black '07 just like it but with yellow accents instead of the red. The 430 is rock solid; enjoy.

8. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
    Beautiful, congratulations! Bet you can't wait for Albertas brutally cold winter to be over ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Gorgeous and well speced 430! Best of luck with it. I agree with Kreh that 430s are close to bullet proof.

LitzDoc likes this.
  10. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Congrats and enjoy, it looks like a beauty.

11. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    wow, very nice , I love the carbon fiber under the rear lights and through out the cabin, looks like you picked a beauty, good luck...

12. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Beautiful car. Nicely done.

KBR54 likes this.
  13. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    Thanks everyone
    I did get it at a reduced price as like most F430’s there are a few issues to attend to. A few of the MK II Manifolds bolts are broken or loose so all have to be replaced, will probably replace with Headers as the Manifolds have to come out anyway for bolt replacement. And Tires need replacing due to dry rot cracking starting. Other than those items everything else mechanically was good, interior is almost perfect, paint I only found one paint chip on the front and top was in perfect condition as well. So all in all I feel like I got a good deal and a fair trade in price on my 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca.
    So now I have a few months to decide which Headers to go with and which Tires and size to get without going more than 3% out of size from OEM.
    I still can’t believe I own a Ferrari...since it’s not it the garage I keep looking at the bill of sale to make sure it’s real lol

14. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Congratulations. I can related to your disbelief. After my F430 arrived via transport for weeks I couldn't believe I had a Ferrari in the garage. I would tell myself "I have an Ferrari F430 in my garage" and start grinning. Yes I was talking to myself alot about the car; no so much now.

klointheridge, 2bf360 and NVH like this.
  15. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congrats. Loved my 430 Spider.

16. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    pretty car.. best of luck with it.... you will love the F430

17. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    pretty car. yes, this will probably be the longest winter of your life

18. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Congrats Dave! She's a beauty!

For tires, I highly recommend the new Michelin pilot 4S.
    Make sure the battery is fully charged before going out for a first drive or it may not run properly. If the battery is over 3 years old I recommend replace it preventively.

I recommend Agency Power Headers and Kline Innovation exhaust.

I have lots of posts on the above.

Enjoy your new toy!
    We're here if you need help.

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

klointheridge and KBR54 like this.
  19. Arun R

Arun R Rookie

Dec 16, 2017
    Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Arun R
    Congratulations Dave! I too am in your shoes. 2 weeks ago I purchased my 07 coupe spec’d out the exact way your car is with the exception of mine being a manual. (Even the miles are the same!)
    Its at Sphere motorsports now getting a few mods...
    - Replacing stick exhaust with straight pipes
    - adding fabspeed CF air boxes
    - repainted front bumper and re enforced it
    - replaced the tie rods (recommend by Mark who did my PPI)
    - sticky buttons

Can’t wait to get my car delivered next week :)

klointheridge likes this.
  20. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    Congratulations to you too !! Well a stick should appreciate nicely as the years go by. Next week delivery thats awesome !!! It sure sucks living up here in the Great White North...at least 3 more months of winter to go :( !!

I think I am going with Capristo Headers/Bankets and the Capristo Exhaust Brackets and leave the rest stock as I am not looking at getting it too loud. I would like to do some long trips with out my wife hating it.
    I was just going to do the Capristo Exhaust Bracket and leave the rest stock but everyone I have talked too seem to think the MK II's will still fail at some point so as the MK II's have to come out to fix the studs I might as well just replace them now.
    Percentage wise I will likely have to repalce the clutch in about a year. I will replace with kevlar if that is the longest lasting clutch.
    I also might Powdercoat the rims Black but that will be the extent of my mods.

21. Arun R

Arun R Rookie

Dec 16, 2017
    Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Arun R
    Mine has the powder coated rims in graphite! I’ll definitely post pics once I get the car. Also look into Fabspeed products. A lot of F owners swear by them. I hope you have a good independent mechanic in Canada!

22. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    That's pretty awesome - I can't imagine the wait.
    When I buy something, I have to have it right away - I believe in immediate gratification; or lack of patience.
    You will LOVE the car. I bought my 07 spider 9 months ago and still loving it. This is also my first Ferrari.

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Congrats! You'll love the car. I think your plan for the exhaust will turn out good.

25. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    Since I was only looking to preserve the MK II headers, I went with the OEM sport exhaust. Unlike the original exhaust with fixed brackets, the OEM sport exhaust (made by Tubi for Ferrari) has rubber mounts and hangers that allow the proper expansion of the exhaust system.