Looking for car transport company | FerrariChat

Looking for car transport company

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 2012-458, Nov 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2012-458

2012-458 Karting

Nov 10, 2015
    I'm looking to ship my 458 from Chicago to Scottsdale and was wondering if any fellow fchatters had any recommendations of who to use. How were the experiences and was pricing fair?

2. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    I've used Angels Transport aka Angels Moving Autos about 30 times. Dina and the girls personally vet their carriers and their prices are very fair.

Angels Moving Autos

Aaron

3. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I have used Reliable many times. they are careful with the cars and courteous. They are at Mecum auction and I am sure if Mecum customers had problems they would switch.

Best

Lee

4. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    I used Reliable Transport for my 458 from Chicago to Dallas. Recommended by my dealer in Chicago. Went perfectly.

5. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
  6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I used Grand Turismo Motorsports to haul my car from Chicago to San Francisco, enclosed, for about $1600. Car arrived fine.

7. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I used Reliable to ship Ferrari from NC to MI and Intercity to ship Porsche to LA. Great service and communication from both shippers

8. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    I second the Intercity recommendation. Very professional, their drivers give constant updates and they have very competitive pricing. And if you mention that you are a FChat member you get a 10% discount off the quoted price.

9. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I will second Reliable or Intercity. My last 2 vehicles I have used Intercity and would continue to use them. Always a great experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. intercity

intercity Karting

May 5, 2009
    2012-458,

Intercity Lines will be glad to give you an FChat rate of $1745 for your 458 from IL to AZ. If we can help you with your move please let us know.

11. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I've always used Intercity in the past and recently used Plycar for the first time because Intercity couldn't get the car in the timeframe I needed.

It was a nightmare. Accessories for the car and the car KEYS missing. Scratches and chips on the car, etc. We knew it was perfect when it went on the truck because it was coming from a fresh restoration. It had been on three different trucks during the transport and when it arrived, they had tied it down with the freshly chromed bumpers. I've seen furniture treated better.

Intercity all the way for me going forward. I don't care if they are a little more expensive, it's worth every penny after what I've seen with Plycar.

12. DennisJohnson

DennisJohnson Rookie

Jan 31, 2017
    There are many companies which provide these services but it is important to choose best company to ship your car. Recently I heard about one car transport company, which provide all services such as car, boat, yacht shipping. You can read review and more services over the web.

13. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Watch out not to break te fins of the REAR DIFFUSER of the car !

We have seen a large thread here recently about that ... :)

And lots of damage was reported ... and the owner was stuck with the repair cost in most cases.

Take photographs before and after (un)loading and tell the transporter why you do so !

14. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    This is why you go with a transporter who has a lift deck, it lifts the car to the level of the trailer and the car goes straight forward. With my Porsche which went to get a new race motor, they actually lifted the car and then used a manual strap to pull the car forward.

15. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I can also recommend Reliable. I had a car shipped from Dallas to Michigan and everything went well. I was given the number to the driver so he and I could communicate. He answered my questions and provide updates during his route to Michigan. Couldn't have been happier.

16. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    You and I know Tim .... but many do not .....

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I had a very similar nightmare experience with Plycar about 9 years ago so i was going to not mention it as it was so long ago, but your experience is so close that it brought up the memory.

When I asked around recently I heard from a few people that Plycar was better but that was one of the worse experiences I've ever had with a car.

I'm currently using Intercity right now on a move so we will know how it works out when it arrives but so far I'm very happy.

18. 2012-458

2012-458 Karting

Nov 10, 2015
  19. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I can highly recommend Rashad at R.J. Elite Transport for those on the East Coast. He has transported numerous Ferraris for me. Small business owner with a very customer-centric approach.

20. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    You made the right choice with Intercity

21. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    And nice in plastics ?

Never seen that before, but that looks very good imo ! :D

22. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I have used intercity more than 4 times and although a bit more than others - never had a problem - best service and nicest drivers

23. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I've been happy with Plycar Auto Transport. I've used them several times to move my Ferraris back and forth between California and Utah. Reliable, helpful and the best prices. I'll keep Intercity in mind as a backup.

Plycar
    Nick Pliaconis
    (310) 921-4053‬
    [email protected]

24. 2012-458

2012-458 Karting

Nov 10, 2015
    Intercity has been great to work with so far. I’ve been receiving regular phone calls along the route and just got a call that the car will be delivered tomorrow mid-day.

Melvok likes this.
  25. Az458

Az458 Karting

Apr 24, 2015
    Hope to see you at cars and coffee on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melvok likes this.