FF interior question | FerrariChat

FF interior question

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ScottS, Nov 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I am in the hunt for a new DD and have narrowed it down to an FF. I prefer black and have come across variations. In my 430 I have Nero a true dark black. In my Cali I have Nero/ Charcoal. I prefer nero. However what many dealers list as Nero seems to be charcoal ? Or is it me? I prefer the darker picture can someone help me understand what exactly the correct terminology here is ? Or is it the leather/ option? Seems like the ventilated seats are lighter in
    Color from the effect of the perforation ?

Any other thoughts on the FF as DD? I drive my Cali daily these days. Just looking for a change in pace. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    Believe it or not I have noticed it's sometimes just the picture quality. I was looking at an FF at my local dealer that said interior Nero but looked charcoal, yet when I went to the dealer it was in fact Nero. I had a F430 for a few years but since buying a 2014 FF as a DD I could not be happier. Good luck on your search!

uhn2000 likes this.
  3. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Lighting and the way pictures are taken can certainly make a lot of difference. Try to get the build sheet to find out the actual color.

4. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I have become the collector of build sheets .....;0

5. PJ72

PJ72 Karting

Jun 1, 2017
    After 4 AMGs as my daily I wanted to change and scratch the ferrari itch. The only one that I could consider for a DD was the FF and I did. Bought a 2015 in July. I know it’s controversial but I actually think it’s shooting brake design is gorgeous and very unique. Always had german cars and I was frankly skeptical (and I am Italian!) but I have to tell you it’s a pretty incredible car. You can drive around (I live in Los Angeles) in traffic and be comfortable and then find a canyon and let it loose and that engine is absolutely sick. Big heavy car but super fast and really well balanced. Truly incredible car.

6. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Which AMGs did you have? I have also been in a FF since this past July, from a W212 E63.

7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Maybe Ferrari should have a color called Nero AF to end the confusion...

I'll show myself out.

But seriously, folks, I agree that it's difficult to tell with publicity photos. Black interiors are notoriously tough to photograph well, and all you have to do is fiddle with the contrast and black turns to gray very quickly. I've seen this with cars that I know for sure had black interiors. The only ways to be sure are to get the build sheet or see the car in person.

8. PJ72

PJ72 Karting

Jun 1, 2017
    Started with a C63; then CLS63 then G63 and an SLS convertible which I still own.
    Fantastic cars all of them. German muscle cars

9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Bought Nero DS over Nero. Swear it doesn’t look as dark as Nero AF! Alcantara carpet headliner etc. Love it. A topic for another day -the external blacks!

10. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    FF is a great DD ... it's the best ... I am using mine as a DD since 2015 w no issues whatsoever ... my interior is blu sterling and it's just amazing ... make sure u go for a dark color since it's a DD

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  12. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Awesome!

13. f12luke

f12luke Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Luke Tarbuck
    I would say that the dealers will have the correct info, and that they upload images in an entirely different quality, I would advise going to see both cars in person if possible.