Thoughts RE; rosso mugello vs. rosso Fiorano - esp. London based cars! | FerrariChat

Thoughts RE; rosso mugello vs. rosso Fiorano - esp. London based cars!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by KarlA69, Dec 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Hi

I've ordered the new Portofino and am trying to decide on the right shade of red. I don't want one of the standard ones; I think a darker red is classier. I gravitated towards Rosso Mugello but it can look too dark in low light and / or too burgundy. The other main option is Rosso Fiorano, which seems to be slightly more metallic and can look great, but it's a £7k option. It's difficult to get reliable info on these colours as the pics on the internet all look quite different, based on light conditions etc (also, I think some are incorrectly labeled colours).

(1) Has anyone else been choosing between these two colours? If so, let me know which you chose any why

(2) if you own a Ferrari in one of these two colours and live in / near London, could I come and have a quick look at it? Ideally, a new-ish car (less than four years old), since I guess the colour specs change over time. There are very few on sale in these colours so it's hard to see one.

Any help appreciated!

Karl

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer
    Just saw a Rosso Fiorano Cali T not one hour ago at the H.R. Owens showroom on Hyde Park Corner.

4. JB833

JB833 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    London
    This was my Rosso Mugello 458 which I regret selling..... The colour blends into the rear lights which I liked. My car had the cuoio interior which worked very well. Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    Sorry to complicate further, considered Rosso Monza (blood red) or Rubino Micalizzato (maybe this is too burgundy wine red for you)? I've seen these on 599s and found that they popped more than Rosso Fiorano. My old FF was Rosso Maranello which was a lovely deep red without being burgundy. Looks really deep under British cloudy skies.

6. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Many thanks but those colours ( Monza and Micalizzato) aren’t available on the Portofino. Shame!

Off to see a Rosso Fiorano at HR owen soon so hopefully that will help. If anyone else has ordered a Fiorano / Mugello colours Portofino pls let me know.. would love to discuss!

7. Lostdino

Lostdino Rookie

Mar 4, 2018
    Nocatee FL
    Full Name:
    Tim Murray
    I am considering the same two colors and I am looking for the color that is darker/ more maroon. Did you have an opportunity to see both colors?

8. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Yes I’ve now seen both. I’d highly encourage you to see them in the flesh... the pics on the internet don’t really do it justice. HR Owen old Brompton Rd currently has a Rosso Fiorano California. The Hyde Park Corner branch has the Portofino in the launch colour.

For me, Fiorano isn’t great in person... a bit too purple. Rosso Mugello is quite flat and wouldn’t highlight the bodywork curves of the portofino I think. As much as it bothers me to pay a lot extra for the launch colour, I think that’s what il do.

9. Lostdino

Lostdino Rookie

Mar 4, 2018
    Nocatee FL
    Full Name:
    Tim Murray
    Thanks. I am heading to Austin on Thursday for their Launch event and I suspect that car will be Rosso Portofino,

10. dnacorp

dnacorp Rookie

Dec 14, 2016
    EU
    Hi
    I have a manual 599 in Fiorano Rosso (second hand), however I am a Grigio man by choice. That said personally speaking I prefer the darker Fiorano Rubino.
    But in the shade the Rosso is lovely.
    The previous owner also spec'd the stitching to match which is a nice touch on Cuio..

11. dnacorp

dnacorp Rookie

Dec 14, 2016
    EU
    Send me your email address and I'll submit various photos FYI

12. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    I went for launch red. Although it is 7k I think that it suits the car, even if I was originally against any red. More concerned about if they are actually making red cars - I do not think I have seen one apart from the display cars.

13. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I have ordered my 812 in Rosso Corsa Metallic which is darker than Rosso Corsa and really pops in the sun light, it is an out of range colour, but they will paint it anything you want as long as you pay.

14. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
  15. peppe siciliano

peppe siciliano Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Peppe
    I’ve ordered mine in Rosso Fiorano with sabbia interior any thoughts