Ferrari is the worse brand ! Ferrari Stolen From Newport ! | Page 11 | FerrariChat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    Don't get me started on this kind of error. I am told that schools today promote expressing yourself in writing not accuracy of writing.

My 2 cents is that OP has become obsessed with attacking the dealership. As for wanting new for old, he cannot be serious surely!

2. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Both are correct depending on which side of the "pond" one lives.

President's English: Your - You Are
    Queen's English: You're - You Are

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think that's Millennial English.

You're = you are, on this side of the pond. Your = indicates possession. At least it did when I took remedial English in HS.
    T

I'm 360 Canuck, Enzo91 and surfwolf like this.
  4. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    Not side of the pond, which side of intelligence vs. unintelligent!

Enzo91 likes this.
  5. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    The ramblings of a deranged Him-bo in this thread. Everyone knows if you want to get ahead man-arm-candy needs to be articulate and educated. It shows better. :)

6. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Can we all just agree that Ferrari is the worst brand ever?

kes7u likes this.
  7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Interesting. My wife tells me to "Be quiet, and just look pretty !" :p
    T

8. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    FINALLY some common sense infused.....

Kevin

9. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Better than mine. She just tells me to be quiet. :)

... and then I'm the one that buys her all the expensive pretty things. Hmmm...

tomc likes this.
  10. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Are they future heirlooms?

Enzo91 likes this.
  11. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    They are.

What we do *ahem* is have her wear them for a few years and then return them. When they don't give us the full value the two bought them new, I go on every website I know of and trash the business by leaving lots of negative reviews. One time, I brought back and Rolex that had a scratched face (through no fault of my own mind you)... and OMG they wouldn't give me the new price. I was SOOO MAD! Can you believe it? :)

INRange and thorn like this.
  12. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce Rookie

Aug 28, 2017
    Imagine the tirade had his g/f bought 0846 for him......................

13. Enzo91

Enzo91 Rookie

Aug 11, 2016
    Apparently they have to be at least two years old, then they qualify for heirloom status.

14. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

You're kidding right? Oh wait, it's just your opinion. :)

15. Enzo91

Enzo91 Rookie

Aug 11, 2016
    I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

16. Benignetti-Scarfiotti

BANNED

Dec 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Has The Worst Customer Service !
    Yeah We Filed a Complaint ! So what.. ! If you have a personal problem with it go cry somewhere else. You didn't lose a $340,000 car because of their negligence. So get a life. It's obvious you work for the dealer. So stop harassing me. !

17. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Ooffff. Ugly and why dealers need to treat clients like kings and not pains in the ass. Ferrari dealers will wake up soon I have a feeling.

18. Benignetti-Scarfiotti

BANNED

Dec 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Has The Worst Customer Service !
    • 2-day ban for failure to improve your tone.
    Ferrari should wake up, and treat it's customers right ! No one was asking to be treated like a king ! It's ugly now after dealing with all of the moron's on this chat who don't have a clue how a customer is to be treated especially after they got screwed over by this dealer.

19. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    ban in 3..2..1

Benignetti-Scarfiotti likes this.
  20. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I don't think anyone responding has been in the position of the owner. It will be a hard reality to people that nothing special is going to be done by this dealer or many other dealers (all types of marquees). It's just a normal business transaction. Go through insurance and they figure it out and then they think they made you whole.

I hate to not sound sympathetic; but this isn't like going to a restaurant and eating a steak and then realizing they didn't give cook it how you asked and they just wind up giving you a new one.

Sort of related story that happened yesterday; One of my neighbors had a new 488 spyder delivered a couple of months ago. Before he took delivery he had the dealer powder coat the rims (dealer used a third party company to do it). Owner complained to dealer that he could hear odd sounds coming from the wheel (dealer never responded to him). Eventually, the wheel literally fell off the car on a country road. He was obviously very upset because something bad could have happened and the dealer didn't respond to his earlier queries. Anyways; after this happened it got the attention of the general manager. The GM was very sympathetic and said that the owner can return the car (and sell it on consignment) and he can get another allocation of a spyder. no discount ).

21. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Entitled much? lol... Not happy you didn't get the sympathy and support you feel you deserved? Aww...

Davesvt2000 and anunakki like this.
  22. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Plenty of us HAVE been in a position of the owner of the car albeit for different circumstances. We deal and move on and don't feel entitled to everything.

Lets travel back in time for a minute. The granddaughter of some Ferrari racer meets the man for coffee in her Audi. Not a Ferrari.. a ****in' Audi.
    So she orders a Ferrari from the Enzo himself. Known for his pro-feminist stance, if he sends the woman-who-is-his-racecar-drivers-granddaughter a ferrari that isn't exactly what she wanted and complains... you're telling me he'll be profusely apologetic and send a new car?
    Please. Ferrari was never a customer service driven company. The Audi that the OP's GF now drives was founded because of that stellar customer service.
    There was an insurance payout for the value of the car, to which the owner bought a Audi-Lambo. End of Story.

anunakki likes this.
  23. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

The OP just doesn't seem to understand that their " heirloom" Ferrari is at this point nothing other than a depreciating asset............a high end used car.
    They should have purchased the best original condition 250 series car available.

Davesvt2000, anunakki and tifoso2728 like this.
  24. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Agree....it could be an undiagnosed mental illness. Something along the lines of Narcissistic Rage and the Sense of Entitlement. If you review the thread you can clearly see the OP responses when people agree or disagree with his statements. Now he resorts to name calling which is unfortunate because whatever sympathy people had for him has been washed away.

I will note that if my GF bought me a $340k car and it was stolen.....I would probably expect her to replace it with one of equal or greater value:)

25. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agree