365GT4 2+2 air filter housings | Page 2 | FerrariChat

365GT4 2+2 air filter housings

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Bill26, Feb 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Any feedback on the use of these filters?

Also, does anyone have a source for the rubber seal fitted between the air box and the cover? It doesn't appear to be listed as a separate part, although if fitting the above filters, it wouldn't be so important to get such a tight seal?

2. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    I bet pierce manifold has a generic gasket for the dcoe that could work. Or do you mean the gasket between the 2 parts of the box?
    I am getting rid of the 6 individual air filters that I’ve been using and going back to oem so I’d like to hear how the sock filters work. I’ll also look into a minor mod to make the air box over install a little easier.

3. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Its the rubber gasket that sits around the outside perimeter of the air box which the lid closes on

4. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day wda,

Sadly, no feedback. I bought these last year, but I have not had any time to work on my car... unfortunately for a few years now :( ... That being said I believe Arvid are using these, as he was the one who directed me to them.

Cheers,

Sam

5. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thanks Sam - Hopefully this might kick-start some feedback from others :)

6. #31 swissbob 365 gtc4, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  7. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thanks Gandinell, much appreciated

swissbob 365 gtc4 likes this.
  8. i have glued the profile on the new painted air box with a special glue. i have removed and mounted the air box cover several time and anything still perfect.

The profile SP1 is the right one for the baggage trunk (photo before restoration....). The listed rubber gasket on Cicognani web side for 365GTC4 and GT4 2+2 is wrong.

Ciao, Gandinell

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Hi there :)

Yes,I've had these filters on the car for a couple of years and they work fine. Easy to take off/on as they are soft and elastic and need to be to go over the trumpets. An added bonus is the boost in genuine intake noise under load - not too much but just right. I'm not going back to the original size filters since I now have washable and easy workable filters and all still looks original. That was important as I do not care for any open-filter-look on these cars - the filter housings are just too cool to be removed from the engine bay :)

10. rovexienus likes this.
  11. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    #37 wda24729, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Thanks Arvid

Gandinell - Can you get these on without having to remove the end trumpets? Also, I Iike the look of the satin covers. Do you have a better photograph?

12. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    #38 wda24729, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Hi Arvid, just making some more enquiries on both options but Im just concerned that the foam would sandwich against the air box cover when installed, restricting the air flow. There's only about 25mm between the top of the trumpet and the air box cover and just wondered how your's sit.

13. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Hi there,

They sit just fine and I don't need to squeeze the lid back on. The ones I bought are Ramair CS-905 with 75mm height. I think they are the lowest type of these filters and are rated at up to 150HP for a Weber DCOE40. I don't remember the height of the airbox but they do fit nicely inside.

14. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thanks Arvid

15. i can't say anything about the foam filters, honestly i prefer the original one or the cotton one. The place between trumpets and air box cover is really small.......
    with the cotton version you don't need to remove the trumpets (GTC4)

16. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I contacted Green Filters and they kept coming up with a square filter for the 400, despite me sending photographs!

I went for the foam ones in the end just to get me going for a minute. I'll review it once installed.

17. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Ah, that would be why then! Ive fitted the Ramair's and I'm actually quite happy with them, plenty of breathing space for the trumpets as I didn't realise the foam would be so thin covering them.

18. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
    Arvid,

Did you get the version with (or without) the internal support springs?

Ramair sell both versions (at a different price).

Thanks and regards

WM

19. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Hi Bill, I bought the version without support. Never thought of the other option as they sit protected inside the filter housing.

20. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
    Thanks Arvid

I was thinking more of supporting the filter so it didn't tend to suck down on the trumpet but if it isn't a problem then that's fine.

Regards

WM

21. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    I didn't think they where flimsy when installing them but maybe Graham can chime in as he has just installed his.

22. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    No issues with mine. Fiddly to initially get over the trumpets so go easy to avoid tearing the foam, but once on the fit nicely.

23. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Moving away from filters and back to the air box finish, what finish are the latches meant to have? I’ve seen pictures where they are painted same as the rest of the box, and pictures of them in their plated finish contrasting with the paint. I’ve just bead blasted my first box. The latches were painted before I stripped them. Wondering if I need to de-rivet and replate them or if I will paint them. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app