power options for 430 | FerrariChat

power options for 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Coldhammer, Dec 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coldhammer

Coldhammer Rookie

Dec 4, 2017
    Is there an alternative to the novitec superchargers? Anyone ever done a custom super charger setup?

What about used novitec sc system. Do these ever come up?

2. Patman

Patman Karting

Jul 5, 2014
    Eastvale, CA
    Full Name:
    Pat
    Only other forced induction systems I’ve seen or heard was from UGR and there is a YouTube video from “Hennessy performance” that has a twin turbo system as well.

3. Coldhammer

Coldhammer Rookie

Dec 4, 2017
    ive seen the turbo systems as well. I have also seen a couple of posts on here alluding to building custom supercharger setups. I was curious if anyone ever went through with one.

4. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    BoostLogic....do it and never look back !

5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    have you ever supercharged a car before? i would think long and hard about it. I did it to a 911S. The car was faster but not as well balanced and it kills resale value. consider putting the money towards a 458. just my unsolicited advice

6. Coldhammer

Coldhammer Rookie

Dec 4, 2017
    Yes, I have owned numerous turbo and supercharged cars. Both factory and custom add on. Personally i dont like the 458.

7. Coldhammer

Coldhammer Rookie

Dec 4, 2017
    I checked their site. I dont see any options for the 430. Do you know of someone that has had a system built by them for a 430?

8. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Call over there and ask . I know they did a hell of a job on my car....of course it's a 360 .

9. Coldhammer

Coldhammer Rookie

Dec 4, 2017
    Talked with boostlogic. There not doing turbos on 430s atm.

10. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Over the years I have done many things to cars. In 2006 I bought a 997S, and then took in apart (warranty lasted less than 24 hours), I mean apart. It stayed that way for 1 1/2 years while redesigned about 70% of the parts (most were one offs made for me). I also added a supercharger (and removed all traction controls) to the rebuilt engine. I blew the first transmission (they use a cheap Japanese unit in these) to pieces as well as the clutch. I had to try many things to finally get the car to be able to put all it power to ground and go where I wanted it to. All in all including the price of the car I have close to 260K invested in it. What is it worth 0. The local Porsche dealers refer to it as a kit car. It has about 17K miles on it can really only be driven when the conditions are suitable. I did what I did just to prove I could, and my advise to anyone who would consider doing something like that would be think really hard about what the cost of the modifications are vs the loss in value (and possible damage) of the car, vs just trading it for something faster. One of the things about getting older (and owning 464 cars almost all modified), is that there are not many mistakes (with cars) I have not already made! Good luck.

11. Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2014
    Other than UGR I'd only consider a good custom fabricator and ECU calibration by Mase - both for a twin turbo setup

You'd be better off buying another 'fast' car and keep the f430 stockish. My 1,100 whp GTR compliments my exhaust only f430 well.

12. Coldhammer

Coldhammer Rookie

Dec 4, 2017
    I’ve already got a couple high hp cars. Personally I’d like to just put on a pair of novitec sc and call it a day. But the retail price is ridiculous. And there doesn’t seem to be any used ones out there. other than UGR or Dallas doesn’t appear to be any turbo kits either. Really was after a bolt on solution for this.

13. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    Maybe contact HEFFNER Turbo in Florida, maybe he can make something for you

14. Turbotuner20v

Turbotuner20v Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2014
    Let's say a stock f430 traps 125mph in the 1/4. If the supercharger gets it to 130mph would you even feel that difference?

With the turbos you'd just leave them at 5psi and listen to the cool spool noises rear engine cars make. That noise is worth more than the 5mph trap increase.

My gtr traps 160mph for reference.