Is the Gothspeed 179278 Exhaust ECU no longer available? Ferrari version doubled in price? | FerrariChat

Is the Gothspeed 179278 Exhaust ECU no longer available? Ferrari version doubled in price?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by RedNeck, Jan 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I was ordering some parts for my exhaust swap from @Ricambi America and was going to get another @gothspeed exhaust ECU so both sides matched, but it's no longer available on the website. Furthermore, the Ferrari version used to be $299, and is now $535? What's up with these, are they suddenly unobtainium? Are there any other avenues to order the gothspeed version? I can't send a PM to gothspeed for some reason.

https://www.ricambiamerica.com/179278-catalyst-temp-ecu.html

2. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    I thought I seen them available from another source recently... not the Gothspeed ones, I will look at my search history to see if I can find it for you.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I've seen the Ferrari version a few different places, but really like the Gothspeed version., was hoping to find another one to replace my "not yet failed" RH ECU fo when it does. LH has already been replaced with the GS version.

4. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    It may have been this one I recall and it is an aftermarket one available at Ricambi... maybe Goth just dosn't have his name on it anymore? Ask Daniel I am sure he would be able to help.

https://www.ricambiamerica.com/157501-thermocouple.html

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Thanks, that's the thermocouple itself. Looking for the ECU that the thermocouple plugs into.

6. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Ah, got it okay. Let me see if I can find that for you :)

7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Darned ECU's. I've spent a small fortune on them. Probably the weakest link in modern Ferraris.

8. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Did you end up getting the Gothspeed Exhaust ECU? I managed to get in contact with him and he does still have them, he has just been super busy.

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Yes, I did get one but thanks!

cavlino likes this.
  10. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    can you guys elaborate a bit on what this Gothspeed exhaust ECU is?

Is it built better and does it last longer than the stock exhaust ECU? I'm not having problems yet but in the past owner's service history, they have been changed out a few times.

11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    It's basically a redesign in a smaller form factor that uses a superior potting compound that lessens the chance of moisture entering the electronics, which is what tends to kill the Ferrari version, even though they started using a better compound. It's also a few bucks cheaper....or way cheaper if $535 is the new going price for those..