california T capristo remote valves | FerrariChat

california T capristo remote valves

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Californialuv, Jan 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Californialuv

Californialuv Rookie

Jun 25, 2015
    greetings fellow ferrari enthusiasts.
    what is a fair price to install the carpisto remote valves by the ferrari dealer. this dealer in calabasas california wants to charge 780 for parts and 750 to install. isn't it cheaper to buy at 650 from capristo website itself and get it shipped?
    also will it void my warranty on my california T 2015?
    i really would like to open the valves to make the cali roar in lower rpms.
    is it a good product to have on the cali vs. other bands?
    thanks

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Are you speaking of the remote control to manually open the exhaust valves? If so, you should consider this product, which does the same, thing, but is of better manufacturing quality (cables and sealing appears more weather tight) and less expensive ($375). http://www.forzacomponenti.com/

If you are reasonably handy you can install it yourself, I did on my 430 Scuderia.

whatheheck likes this.
  3. Californialuv

Californialuv Rookie

Jun 25, 2015
    hello thanks for your prompt reply. yes i was inquiring about the remote control that opens and closes the valves by capristo. the dealer wants to charge me $780 for the parts even though it's advertised for 650 on the manufacturer site. Plus he wants to charge me $700 dollars to install it.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Get the one I posted about above, it is better quality and less expensive. Install it yourself in an hour or two. Contact the seller and he can run you through the installation process to see if it is easy enough to do yourself. You can still pay the dealer to install it if you want, and you will still save in the cost of the device and have a better one too. I can't imagine a dealer charging more than two hours labor...even with tax that should not amount to more than $400.

5. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    Take a look at these photos of an install on the California t ... http://forzacomponenti.com/faqcali.html

You can see that removal of the rear bumper makes the installation much easier to access the vacuum solenoid valves. The local dealer here charges 2 labor hours to install ... maybe 2.5 hours.

Regards,

Steve

6. Californialuv

Californialuv Rookie

Jun 25, 2015
    Thanks Steve