My experience with Fabspeed headers after 9k+ miles | FerrariChat

My experience with Fabspeed headers after 9k+ miles

Discussion in '360/430' started by ferralc, Jan 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    #1 ferralc, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    I have a Tubi exhaust, it has been there since I bought the car, it is not the racing version (smaller) but the one that had the "360 spider" on it.
    Honestly the noise was not great, I decided to change the headers with Fabspeed 9k miles ago. Besides they are beautifully designed I got the heat blankets too, why? To prevent damage due to excessive heat and also to conceal a bit the headers for the smog visual inspection (which it passed by the way)
    I got a bit of CEL codes that went away with the mini cats after a full night reset, so those little things work too.
    Later on I installed high Flow cats from a fellow fchat member, they do not have any name brand on them so honestly I do not know the brand, but I can tell you this the combination is AMAZING.
    I REALLY RECOMMEND anyone to get Fabspeed headers and their high Flow cats if they want to experience the full 360 exhaust sound.
    Also the throttle response is GREAT, low to mid range and high range are improved, I am thinking about sending my ECU to Mase for a tune to get the best out of it.
    Every time I go for a drive the people in the group tells me how good my car sounds, this is the way 360s should have sound from factory.
    Besides that Joe and Jason has been top notch to deal with when I had questions about it (not to mention Mike from yellowcompass who sold me the system)
    I will try to get a nice drive video, I just wish they were more tunnels in San Diego!!!

2. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Hahaha I just realized the thread typo, that is funny, well they were actually "milesex"

3. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Fernando, does the combo of the aftermarket headers + high flow cats result in any sort of exhaust or soot smell?

4. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Not at all, I have heard that happens when you install test pipes. That is one of the reasons I decided to not install test pipes, that and of course CELs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    My service guy says they’ve had people take the heat blankets back off due to burning smells, any issues with that?

Does milesex have to do with when you get a little something from your girlfriend while driving?

02360spider likes this.
  6. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Haha good one!!! But has nothing to do with headers!!!
    The blankets smoked a lot at the beginning and then after a couple of months on started smoking again, I thought I had an oil leak because the blankets stopped smoking a while ago, and then stopped smoking again, my guess the blanket shifted the position somehow. No issues after that

7. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    ive been running Fabspeed headers on my F355 probably close to 10k miles.. bare out of the box direct bolt on, no coating or blankets..
    have not had any heat issues whatsoever.

coating maybe, but blankets complete waste of money.. that can be used elsewhere..

8. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Recently put Fabspeed headers and Topspeed high flow cats on my Tubi exhaust equipped 2004 F1 360 Spider and the sound is absolutely intoxicating. Had mine ceramic coated and wrapped with header wrap, no issues at all.

9. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Basically my same setup
    It is amazing, isn’t???

10. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    By the way these are my sport cats, they work incredible well but I do not know the manufacturer. Anyone know??

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Those look like the oem cats without the heat shielding

12. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I do not think so, the sound is way louder and the throttle is way more responsive.

13. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Look exactly like the Hyperflows on my old 360. Don't think they are available anymore.

Michael B likes this.
  14. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yes, I would also say that they look like Hyperflows.

15. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    You must be blind, they are Hyperflows, had them on my CS for 5 years, brilliant, the best

Michael B likes this.
  16. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    and exactly how would you know what OEM cats without heat shielding look like please ?

17. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Because I took the heat shield off one before

18. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Guys are you sure they are hyper flows? I can see several ridges that my cats don’t have. Looks like mine have a streamlined design. Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Thanks for all the great feedback guys! If anyone has specific questions please don't hesitate to call, email, pm, etc. and keep in mind, we do offer F-chat discounts!

20. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Thanks Travis, mine will be going on in a couple of weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yeah, that photo you show is current from Hypnotize which may be what they call Hyper-Flow today... But that is not what Hyperflow was back when they made yours, or Richards. Those in your first photo indeed look to be what Hyperflow cats looked like when they made them before closing.

22. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Thanks Michael, they are very good quality, when I installed the Fabspeed headers I got several DTC codes along with the CEL. That issue was eventually resolved with the minicat extenders.
    When my mechanic swapped my original cats with these he tested the emissions and he said he was positive the car will not trigger a CEL with these cats and no extenders. But He installed the extenders anyways just to be safe.

23. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    So you are saying ~ under that large factory exterior is that slim aftermarket design right?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I am afraid that there is too large of a substrate to be that streamlined.