ELEMENT Fire Extinguisher: An Introduction | Page 3 | FerrariChat

ELEMENT Fire Extinguisher: An Introduction

Discussion in '308/328' started by Element, Nov 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mng

mng Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    Maybe i dont have enough posts (im a lurker) to start a convo - would you PM me? want to buy several....

thanks

2. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Discount code sent!

3. scottabbott

scottabbott Karting

Dec 31, 2011
    Montgomery TX
    Full Name:
    Scott Abbott
    Please Put me down for wanting the coupon as well. I want one for each of my cars. Thanks so much for all the quick responses to everyone's questions.

4. mikemal7

mikemal7 Rookie

Nov 4, 2009
    please send me the code....want to purchase several. Thanks. Mike

5. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    A number of people have raised some questions about Element so we filmed a few short videos to help address them:

1. Let's see it action! Here is a vid showing a gasoline fire being tackled. One thing to note is that the bowl is round sided and there is over half a gallon of gasoline inside of the bowl. A traditional fire extinguisher (with its pressurized jet) would have pushed the gas out of the bowl and made a big fire ball. Element makes no thrust so it gets to work fighting the gasoline fire without spreading the liquid.

2. Is it hard to use? In this video we get a total newbie with zero knowledge or experience with Element to figure out how to activate it. All he knew prior to the one take we used to make this video is that the unit is an extinguisher and he has to figure it out.

3. Can you blow it out easily? In this video we show how Element will work even in the absence of oxygen by putting it under water.

We are in the process of filming and editing some more videos showing the product in action. Also we are super excited to announce that last week we were invited to film at Jay Leno's Garage and within the month a piece should air on Jay's website introducing Element to his 2 million+ YouTube followers. Jay is just a tremendous enthusiast and immediately offered (we did not even have to ask) to have us come to his garage the moment we showed him Element at a car show because he thought it was so valuable to let people know about it. Humbling and exciting all at the same time :)

6. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    For a little late week humor check out what can happen when things go wrong with a conventional fire extinguisher :D

7. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    More in action videos including a vehicle fire demonstration now available in the new 'media' section of our website: www.elementfire.com

8. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    For "on-board", you might want to convincing the EXXFIRE folks to expand into the automotive market. I tried, but their assigned US rep seemed a bit narrow-minded to me. But then, that was about 5 years ago.

"Non-pressurized cool gas generator using nitrogen"

http://www.exxfire.com/products/exxfire-750

http://www.exxfire.com/images/downloads/EXXFIREBrochure2018Small.pdf

9. Nikos_F

Nikos_F Rookie

Dec 10, 2015
    Could you please send a coupon code. As I am mainly a lurker looking to learn before I buy, I can't start a convo.

10. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    It appears as though we cannot start a conversation either. Please email [email protected] and mention your F-Chat username and we will send you a coupon code.

11. whiteturtle

whiteturtle Rookie

Jun 21, 2011
    SW FL
    observed your product recently in the shop of a facility I volunteer at; if it is being utilized by them, it is certainly good for me - discount code please

12. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Saw this in Celebration last weekend on a 308. Seemed like a pretty neat idea and keeps you out of the hood opening part of all this. Just hit the button on your way the hell out of the car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Tad expired but you get the idea

14. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Discount codes sent out.

Regarding the system in the photos that type of setup is commonplace in race cars and is a very effective way of dealing with an engine fire remotely. The downside is that it is very expensive, needs to be recharged periodically, and is isolated to the engine bay. A small handheld extinguisher (regardless of type) can be directed where needed and can be taken to a remote site to help someone in need.

It is true that tackling an engine fire has its risks. Opening the engine cover will rush the engine bay with oxygen that can cause a big backdraft and increase the size of a fire. The cool thing about an Element is that its very long discharge time allows you to fog the engine bay through the grilles and create a containment layer of extinguishing gas. This gas is heavier than air and will then allow you to open the engine lid with a greatly reduced chance of introducing oxygen to the fire. You will then have the time to actively fight the fire as the unit will continue to discharge for a long time.

We recently had a customer tell us of a vehicle save from having an Element. His carb float stuck and spat fuel onto the master cylinder catching it and some other items on fire. Using his Element he put the fire out fast with minimal fire and smoke damage. He told us that without a doubt the car would have burned to the ground given his location and the size of the fire. Great to hear :)

15. r8ders

r8ders Rookie

Jul 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alvin Gee
    Sorry to pull up an old thread but are you still offering the discount codes?
    Thank you

16. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    #66 Element, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Alvin,

PM with discount code sent.

For those who'd like to know more we're featured in the latest installment of Jay Leno's Garage. Check us out!

Nuvolari and aseweepay like this.
  17. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    I could put these at our auto shops.

Discount code please

18. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Would this be sufficient for home use?

19. centerfireman

centerfireman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2015
    Roseville, CA
    I am interested in purchasing several; please send a discount code. Thank you.

20. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Element is great for home use and one thing not covered in the video is that Element produces no thrust so if you point it at a liquid fire (like a cooking oil pan) it will not spread the fire by blasting the flaming liquid out of the pan.

Coupon codes sent out as requested.

21. hatchetman

hatchetman Rookie

Jul 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    X Y
    Good afternoon Element, I saw the spot on Jay's Youtube channel and I'd like to purchase several of these units, I think one in every vehicle would be a great idea. If you are still sending coupon codes I would appreciate one via PM. Thank you for this innovative product.

22. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    it was cool to see this in action on Jay Leno. It would be neat if you guys could come up with some meas of remotely igniting for engine fires in the future.

23. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Thanks for the kind words guys. We were F-Chatters (308 and Dino owners) well before this opportunity came along and it is great to be able to share it with the group. The Jay Leno thing was just a great opportunity and he was fantastic all around. True to his word he did not ask for a dime and not even a single extinguisher for himself although he did ask to buy a bunch for his cars; he didn't want anything for free.

The whole deal came together really fast so there was no time to arrange all the legal stuff to have an on-camera fire test. We did supply them with some footage of an official test to cut in but it did not make it to the final edit. Jay's guys were great to work with but the day we filmed was really busy with other segments that we only had the time for one take. All in all I think they did an amazing job editing everything and there was no doubt from the result who the pro between the two of us was. I was not going to even try to be funny :)

Lastly we are working on a remote deploy system and it is being tested in commercial vehicles right now. I think a market ready product is still at least a year off but initial trials are positive and encouraging for the future. We'll be sure to post if that ever becomes a product to buy.

24. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
  25. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    You guys are just so friendly in your requests :)

Coupon codes sent out.