Pierre Bardinon collection | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Pierre Bardinon collection

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by F328GTS/GTB, Aug 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Nice video including some pictures taken inside the collection:

miurasv and 375+ like this.
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Magnificent, thanks for posting.

3. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Thanks for sharing.

Gr. Martin

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    "Zaraco" thank you for the video link, wonderful old video, even if those commentator chaps state that Hawthorn was an American (!) and that Pedro Rodriguez raced one of the cars in the late 60's with his brother Riccardo who had passed away 7 or 8 years before that! Do ghosts need licences to race?! Can you spot which car has a wobbly front end in the car to car on track video? Scary. Anyway kudos to the late Monsieur Pierre for his incredible vision and achievement, what a collection it was. Visiting in 1998 with the Tour Auto and then coming back a week later May 1st when he pulled 312P #0870 out for my Cavallino shoot and article was like being a small priest granted an audience by the Pope. In fact one major American collector of his generation called him Louis XIV:)

Best regards,

Marc

I never tire of watching this video :

http://www.turbo.fr/emission-turbo/415162-emission-turbo-du-19-11-1988-ferrari-375-mm-1953-ferrari-375-plus-1954-ferrari-410-s-1955.html

of2worlds and Timmmmmmmmmmy like this.
  5. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007

Sic transit gloria mundi ...

6. sicqnus

sicqnus Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2005
    Paris - France
    Full Name:
    Cyril Chartier
    Hi everyone, long time no post. Many things happened since Pierre passed away. Some ugly ones. Last news :
    - The new dirt track MDC circuit building is halted (entrepreneur in charge made mistakes).
    - The old MDC track is abandoned (new safety regulations would be too expensive).
    - The Aubusson museum project for the remaining part of the collection is no more.
    - The 275P which was no longer part of the frebruary Artcurial sale was indeed already sold.

All remaining 12 cars are rumored to have been sold as a whole. All are coming to the US. Price paid : up to 300 millions euros.

Dunno the Bugattis, the Delahaye, the Jaguars including the E-type lightweight wereabouts.

7. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    Hello Cyri,

Which cars were the remaining 12?

Best,

Nicolás.

8. sicqnus

sicqnus Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2005
    Paris - France
    Full Name:
    Cyril Chartier
    Hi Nicolas.
    Nothing sure about what was left in the collection. I'd say this sale includes (among others) :

375 MM #0368AM (blue, riveted PF berlinetta body)
    312P #0870 1969.
    275P #0816 Le Mans winner 1964.
    330P4 #0860 1967.
    375 Plus Spyder #0396AM 1954.
    250LM #5841 1964.
    312 PB Barchetta #0884 1972.

I think the 250SWB Tour de France winner #2937GT was sold.

Attached Files:

9. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    Merci beaucoup Cyril!

Nicolás.

10. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Le Mans winner 1954.

Merci for the post, Cyril. Great to have you active on Fchat again.
    I know we will all look forward to learning more about the scoop you have delivered regarding the collection.

Dave

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I wonder where they will land in the USA. Bitter sweet to know this amazing collection is no more. Hopefully the new owner will show the cars often..esp the 312p and 330P4..

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    That is staggering news. Did some billionaire just acquire an instant Ferrari collection or did it go to a consortium?

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  13. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Sad but hopefully they will be shown and used as intended, hopefully..... Bizarrely I watched fellow Kiwi Russell Crowe (of Gladiator fame) talking about selling his collection of memorabilia as part of his divorce and he said while he is sad to see them go, he never had time nor resources to use any of the memorabilia and he enjoyed the feeling it would be going to a good home and he felt sure that most items would go to people who would truly enjoy their purchases....... There is possibly a lesson in that for all of us.

14. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Are you talking about his wedding memorabilia as part of his divorce?

15. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I would be curious to know who. Not that many Ferrari enthusiasts with that kind of disposable coin.

16. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    It included the chariot he used in the movie Gladiator, the violin he played in Master and Commander and lots of Australian cricket memorabilia although with the current cheating saga, that may not be popular lol.

17. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    I would also be fascinated to know who, as to who would have the wealth, the McCaws, Chip Connor, Michael Kaldoorie, Ralph Lauren, Rob Walton and Les Wexner all have the ability and the will to collect whatever they want. I doubt it would be a new collector but really, who knows at the moment.

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I always enjoyed the story about the mixed up letters in the mail and how he purchased the 250 GTO.

19. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I read Zuckerberg has been selling more Facebook stock than usual. :)

But all of the guys you mention, they won't live forever. I assume one day we will be seeing their entire collections at RM or Gooding.

I think most of them built those spectacular collections when prices were much more "reasonable." Sure they still acquire stuff now. But hard to imagine many people putting stuff like that together today from scratch.

wbaeumer likes this.
  20. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Ultimately the tax obligations make selling a large collection difficult and to avoid paying those taxes many are now part of trusts, Miles Collier has established his as the Revs Collection for example. I guess when you bought a car for $10k and its now $40 million there will be a lot of capital gains tax to be realised at some point which will never happen if its part of a trust and the change of US tax laws recently around assets has only exacerbated the issue. Time will tell and some of those collections will still sell publically, meanwhile people like the Spanish owner of GTO #5111 who is being forced to sell (to pay taxes and court ordered debts, keeps the market ticking over

21. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    All sold to a hedge fund.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds, Timmmmmmmmmmy and 375+ like this.
  22. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Weird but okay, wouldn't have picked that

23. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Sad sad sad.....

Nembo1777 and Timmmmmmmmmmy like this.
  24. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Which logically should mean to be resold at some point! Be ready!

Timmmmmmmmmmy and of2worlds like this.