360 market values | Page 5 | FerrariChat

360 market values

Discussion in '360/430' started by Philly, Jun 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Winning!

2. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004

Well they made a ton of them, and they have expensive issues as F1 related issues. They have held up pretty well price wise all things considered.

G. Pepper likes this.
  3. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    really. I was searching for a CS at that time and asking prices were in the 140+ range.
    wasn't much of a delta b/t CS and 360 then? There is almost 2x the asking price of the 360 now.

Jonsav and G. Pepper like this.
  4. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    when I insured with Hagerty, I had to provide a bill of sale to establish the agreed value. That is a simple way of collecting actual sales data.

the statistics are an entirely different matter. How many sales data do they get per quarter?

5. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Hagerty says it collects data from auctions, dealers, and their insurance clients. They also look at asking prices. So, I admire their efforts and I think they are doing about as well as anyone can. On the other hand, I also tend to think there are only a few 360s selling each quarter, so I suspect the number of transactions is small enough it makes it difficult for anyone to claim a particular value for our cars. (I suspect for other collectable cars, U.S. muscle cars for example, Hagerty has a lot more data). Again, I think this suggests keeping an eye on trends is more important than any particular valuation. Here is a link to Hagerty's description of how they come to their values: https://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/about-our-prices

G. Pepper likes this.
  6. Sox Fan

Sox Fan Rookie

Jul 7, 2013
    Michigan
    Seems like a really good time to buy a nicely optioned F1 360. Guessing they will never be less expensive again.

Jonsav likes this.
  7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Yes, I think this is the bottom of the market for 360's.

Jonsav likes this.
  8. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Never say never gentlemen.. :( We don't know what the future holds. If the economy tanks and 401k's loose 50% of their value, I anticipate a "buyers market" with less $$$$ floating around.

9. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    EXACTLY what I was told $15000 ago in 2014 when I bought mine. However, since I've sold mine, they will indeed probably go up now!

G. Pepper likes this.
  10. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    "Usually" the bottom for a model in the used market is somewhere between 10 and 12 years after the model is discontinued. Last year was twelve years for the 360. That's the rule of thumb I go by, anyway, and it's been pretty accurate. I bought my 456M at 9 years after the model ended, and they haven't gone up - the automatics, anyway - but they haven't gone down any more either. That's one of the reasons I got a 360 instead of a 612. The 612 market has until 2020 to be ten years after. So in two to four years, I'll get one.

11. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    In my mind, there’s sort of a sweet spot for early 2000s cars that will eventually be seen as more desireable too... flowing classic sports car lines, decent performance, manual transmission, relative reliability, etc. that the 360 fits perfectly. I’m sure I’m biased but whatever.

HJZ360, Mikael-F360, imahorse and 5 others like this.
  12. Bob in Makiki

Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I agree that the 360 is beautiful! (And I agree that I, too, am biased, but whatever.) I also agree they seem to be reasonably reliable, and I think others who are not biased share this opinion. Cas D’Avatar had an interesting comment in his lead article in this month's Ferrari Market Letter: "Let’s face it; as wonderful as they are, early Ferraris were junk in a lot of ways. Poor mechanical design, bad fuse blocks and wiring, lousy radiators, Lucas cooling fans, bodies prone to rust...everywhere! . . . . I would submit that it wasn’t until the introduction of the 360 Modena, that a Ferrari became a trouble-free daily driver not in need of some sort of modification to make it truly usable."

13. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
  14. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    It's a super nice spider. Black on black with black calipers and a Daytona interior, modular wheels, manual, plus, it has all the property with it. Late year with very low miles. I bet it brings a good price. The usual spider premium plus the manual premium. These cars look like Batmobiles in black.

Formula1r likes this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I like the look of it ..but wheel wrong side for me. ;)

16. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    A bit of a digression, but i notice a lot of cars (like the black/black spider) that have rear challenge grills but not fronts. Was that factory correct, or were the front and rears a package? I don't see why it would not have been an option to have one but not the other from the factory but have heard mixed opinions.

17. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    They weren't offered separately IIRC. Often owners bought the challenge rear grill aftermarket but didn't put the front grills on. Rear grill offers greater airflow which in hot environments helps cooling.

18. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks. I realized they can be purchased and installed after the fact, just wasn't positive of what was possible from the factory (mine has front and rear but unfortunately i don't have the window sticker to say if that is how mine came, though given the other options on it, i have to imagine it is).

19. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    I just don’t get the attraction of a black/Black Spider. It attracts heat, which is the last thing you want driving in the sunshine with the top down. In fact, (IMO) I don’t like any Ferrari with black interiors. Think about it, you have beautiful Schedoni leather, when the interior is black you can’t appreciate it. It looks like a big black hole.

KC360 FL likes this.
  20. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Curt, My spider was ordered with challenge grills in front but NOT on the back. Conforms to the data on the window sticker as well.

21. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Interesting! I stand corrected!

22. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    My GTSi is silver and black, and the interior is no problem, but it's a fair weather car. Otherwise I like tan, for the reasons you mentioned. There are people who like black as much as some people like red or yellow.

23. Bob in Makiki

Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    My 2003 Spider window sticker reads "Rear Challenge Grid" only. I have a navy interior, and while I think the tan is beautiful, the navy (and black) really wear well and if worn, are easy colors to fix. To each his own.

G. Pepper likes this.
  24. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Bob the front CS grills are really hard to get in behind and clean out the leaves and stuff that gets in there. I have the CS ones and there is road crud back in there that I cant get to easily. If you have the "egg crate" front grills and can live with them they are way more practical IMHO.

Cyt, G. Pepper and Bob in Makiki like this.