Columbus Recommendations | FerrariChat

Columbus Recommendations

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by leeber, Jan 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    I have about 48 hours in Columbus. Could use suggestion for best place to stay and walk to cool shops and restaurants? May even enjoy staying near OSU if that's a cool area. Plan on going to Buckeye Hoops, just not sure staying near campus is good idea? Thx.

2. Esoteric Auto Detail

Esoteric Auto Detail Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    A bball game is a good idea. After the game go a bit south down High Street to the Short North and Arena District. More adult feel. Plenty to do in that entire area. Even better in the warmer months! Even further south is German Village which is great to walk around even in winter -- look up Schiller Park.

-- Ryan at ESOTERIC

3. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    I spent a week in Columbus one night.

4. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    stay at a nice hotel and make sure your netflix subscription is up to date.....

Lived there. Moved.

5. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Thanks for responses....and the light humor! Keep 'em coming. I did check for some car stuff around Columbus and previous fchat posts, so I am doing the best I can.

6. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Ryan hit the nail on the head. We were there for the annual Ferrari meet two years ago and then again last year on our motorcycles and loved it. We actually walked from German Village to Short North, but you can take the trolley. Great restaurants in both areas. Check out the Capitol while you are there

7. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    thought I would follow up with the FChatters that responded to my post. A gratfelt thank you to the suggestions. I never would have known about German Village and Short North had it not been for this forum. i was blown away with a great surprise at these two treasures. real gems that were not the usual suspects. for a three day business trip, I was also able to throw in a driveby at Nelson Motors with a window full of cool classics and a stop at ToyBarn, too. neither spot had what i was looking for, but its always good to stop and smell the oil.

Esoteric Auto Detail likes this.
  8. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Glad you liked it!

Seems like the "Three-C" major cities (Colombus, Cleveland and Cincinnati) all have 4-5 major areas where you can go and each has a distinct flavor. I myself am not a Buckeye but I like it there.