For Sale - Heads Up on new Scuderia Audio product coming soon | FerrariChat

For Sale Heads Up on new Scuderia Audio product coming soon

Discussion in 'Parts & Collectibles' started by SoftwareDrone, Jan 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Over time, I have discovered that some people (typically those who haven't owned their Ferrari for very long) will pay more money to upgrade their "hi-fi" stereo system without replacing the OEM cradle and the OEM speaker box, than they would if they just purchased my system.
    So what I'm doing is making my own amplifier. It will be the exact same size as the OEM "hi-fi" booster, but will house two high end Mosconi 200 Watt amplifiers inside. More importantly, it will have the exact same electrical plug in the back that the OEM booster has. So you literally unplug the plug, remove 4 Phillips screws, remove the 60 Watt booster, drop my "SUPERASK" amp into place, put the 4 Phillips screws back in, and plug the plug back in. You are upgrading from a 60 Watt booster to 400 Watts of high end power in two minutes and keeping your OEM cradle in the process.
    On the other end, I have designed stainless adapter plates that will allow you to bolt in two Focal Utopia 5" subwoofers (very expensive) right into the OEM speaker box.
    So basically in five minutes, you can upgrade the "hi-"fi" system to the absolute best it could be. Of course it won't sound as good as my system, and will certainly cost more, but it is a viable option for those wanting to go that route.

Gr430 and mathewr like this.
  2. dc3843

dc3843 Karting

Dec 13, 2014
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    David Conrad
    I need to see your system for the 458 period. Also, do you have any dealers in the Dallas area that you trust for install?

3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I have systems for both the Italia and 458 Spider. I have developed a simple, ingenious system for mounting the speaker box without boring holes in the firewall cover. See my 458 install video for details:

I am compiling a list of trusted installers worldwide, but most of the ones here in the states are on either coast. Let me do a bit of research. I know of one shop there that puts together IASCA national winning systems, but my system is so simple, you would just be wasting your money and end up in a long waiting line. I can also tell you that the dealer would be more than happy to install the system.

The short of it is that you install the sub by using the special angle bracket, mount the amplifier on the front wall of the trunk, route the wires under the tub in the trunk (but above the diffuser), and tap into the output wires of the OEM booster and send the signals to the high level inputs to the amp. Very standard stuff.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck likes this.
  4. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Gr430 likes this.
  5. Gr430

Gr430 Rookie

Jan 3, 2016
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    When? Looking for this exact solution.

6. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I keep hearing this! People are going batty over these things.

Of all the dumb things to be waiting on, I'm waiting on the silk screening for the slider switches (see second image). I have incorporated board mounted RCAs and slider switches to configure the amp to allow any of the following configurations:

1. Completely stock setup (Ferrari OEM head unit, single pair of high level outputs).
    2. Aftermarket head unit, single pair of high level outputs.
    3. Aftermarket head unit, single pair of low level (RCA) outputs.
    4. Aftermarket head unit, two pair (high, sub) of low level outputs.

You just set these once and never touch them again.
    If you would be willing to pick one up without the silk screening (as shown), I can get one to you in a couple of days.
    The price is $1499 exchange (basically the same price as the OEM 60 Watt booster!) or $1999 outright.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very nice! A thought would be to sell it with speakers that would fit the OEM enclosures. The stock ones are pretty crummy.

8. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I hadn't said anything yet, but since you mentioned it... :-D
    I am going to announce a kit in about a week (as soon as I get the video completed) that includes two Focal Utopia Be 5" subwoofers, two custom made, laser cut, stainless steel adapter plates, two Focal grills and grill rings that make upgrading your OEM subwoofer box a breeze. This kit and the amplifier basically represent the absolute best upgrade possible to your OEM hi-fi system.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A very conscientious F Chatter (actually, one of my customers as well) pointed out that I may get into trouble if I use the "ASK" name as part of my new product. Shame as I thought "BADDASK" was pretty clever. So we'll call it the "SA400" (for Scuderia Audio 400 Watt Amplifier).

10. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The prototype amp is gone, thanks.