1952 Mercedes W194 Build | Page 7 | FerrariChat

1952 Mercedes W194 Build

Discussion in 'Other German' started by Pass, Nov 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Mark,

If you can't remember what happened, don't give people a made-up chronology of events here - that was the "lie". :rolleyes: You could have referred to the last email I sent you, which contained the transcript.

You advertised your shop without sponsorship, exceeded the limits for a Silver Subscription and had threads removed (a repeated offense over the years), purchased a Rossa Subscription and had some agreed threads restored, a few weeks later you exceeded your Rossa Subscription and received a ban, and then finally complained you were misled and demanded a refund. Let me refresh your memory, and shed some light on the situation for everyone else, by posting the transcript of the relevant events immediately preceding the 3-month ban:

Non-sponsor commercial activity:

I was not privy to the conversation that followed with Rob about Sponsorship, however the rates were provided and it was communicated that the shop advert image with your address on it was not permissible without sponsorship.​

Exceeding the limits for Silver Subscribed and upgrade to Rossa Subscribed:

Correspondence regarding the Rossa Subscription activation until late 2016, with reminders of the restored threads and advertising limits:

The next day, you requested the photos returned to you from the two deleted adverts that required a higher subscription level (sponsorship), so I returned these to you via email:

The 3-month ban and subsequent email communication:

You then decided to go ahead and post another car advert beyond the specifically discussed limits, containing a shop advert photo that has been both specifically removed on a previous occasion and specifically discussed as not permitted without sponsorship. Thread deleted:

As you apparently had no self control, I applied a 3-month ban, which took you into late January 2016, when your Rossa quota for 3 car adverts renewed. The ban message was:

You were forbidden to start any further car adverts without Sponsorship and the commercial shop photo was previously removed. Banned until 2016 when your quota renews.

I immediately sent you the following e-mail detailing the reasons for the ban and informing you of the new level of classified subscription as an affordable alternative to full sponsorship for smaller businesses:

In correspondence with Rob Lay, you then complained and demanded a refund on your Rossa Subscription, on the basis that I had mislead you about it and told you that you would be able to post more adverts with it:

Your ban lifted in late January 2016 and your Rossa Subscription expired in late 2016. After the ban was lifted, it was your own choice not to return to use the remainder of your Rossa Subscription before it expired.​

* * * * *​

Everything has been repeatedly explained to the point of exhaustion and I'm tired of your obviously feigned ignorance to push the boundaries. After all that correspondence, it's not remotely plausible to lament a continued lack of understanding. There will be no more explaining. You are fully aware of the rules and you are expected to adhere to them.

-Andrew.

2. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    Like I said I am sorry I misunderstood the terms. Sorry I offended anyone or appeared to take advantage of the site. I in no way intended to post anything maliciously. Later.

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Happy now, Andrew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Not sure if Mark is back on FChat or not these days but he is in the final stages of completion on my ground up, rotisserie restoration of a 1960 Mercedes Benz 190SL. Anthracite Gray metallic with burgundy red leather and matching luggage.

I plan a photoshoot upon completion and will probably post for sale on F-Ads to sell privately or take to RM/Sothebys in Monterey. I will double check the private For Sale rules before I do. :)

I am heading down to his new shop in Salida, CO this week to check out the final assembly stuff.

John
    [email protected]

5. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  6. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    Boomhauer and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Great to see some new photos! Please keep them coming on a regular basis. I love the Gullwing. :)

8. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
  9. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    mark -

you know of a used Behr AC for a coupe for sale ?

thx

10. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    I don't but there are repos in Germany.

11. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    have a contact ? that is what i have been told but google found nothing for me...

12. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #162 ralfabco, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    The 300SL Gullwing is badass. I read in a book about the difficult situation, a girl will face while ingress and egressing from the cabin, if she wears a mini-skirt :). With a hot girl, that unique issue, is certainly worth the price of admission. During the late 1970's my father had a complimentary Star Magazine subscription. I would read the classified ads at the back of the magazine, when I was in high school.

Yes, I wanted a Gullwing and asked my father to purchase an example - for himself. He should have taken my advice and purchased a Gullwing instead of the new 300SD. Another $15K would have been enough to find a nice car. A Roadster 'driver' would have been less than the new 1978 300SD. He still has the 300SD., #747. He likes the serial # from the VIN. Yes, my father remembers me asking him to buy the 300SL Gullwing. The bird was in the hand. Oh well.

Texas Forever likes this.
  13. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    Hans Hallbauer if you want a clean Behr unit, whilst I was searching for a Behr a/c unit for my 1966 300SE coupe last year, I found a company that makes reproduction Behr units. The price I was quoted in April 2016 was Euro 3,750 plus German VAT of 19%.

Should anyone be interested the contact details for the supplier

Baris BAZ [ Diplom-Betriebswirt (FH) und Diplom-Handelslehrer ]

Managing Director

www.baz-consulting.com
    www.baz-dreamcars.com

Office: +49 (0)7254-20 31 915
    GSM: +49 (0)171-459 85 08
    Fax: +49 (0)7254 – 20 31 913

14. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    thx u sir

Pass likes this.
  15. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Glad you're back.

Pass likes this.
  16. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Pass, I'm also glad you're back!

Pass likes this.
  17. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
  18. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Certainly a 'first' for little Salida.... what, about 5k pop?

19. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    They are running around $1.1 to $1.5M a pop now.

20. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Wake up Pass:D
    'Pop'means population, as of Salida......remedial assignment coming.....:rolleyes:

21. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    Yes 5000 + people.

22. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Pass, good to have you back. I have been interested in adding an olde car to the stable. The 300SL is way above me, but i have always like the 190SL. I have been hesitant to pull the trigger on one as I know many have said that they are poor handling/performing cars. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

23. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    A customer I have has one. Call John 720 480 1415

24. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004