488 GTO ? | Page 81 | FerrariChat

488 GTO ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wab0625, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  2. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner
    Name will be unveiled in Geneva and production will be sold out by then... Information strategy one piece of cake after the other

Sent from my HTC U11 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Enough now! Please give up on your fruitless venture!

As already pointed out, GTO, if it is used, will be kept back for the real LE version.

Caeruleus11 and stavura like this.
  4. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    no....

5. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I hope the GTO name doesn't not resurface. Then again simplistically there have been two V12 GTO's and only one V8 GTO...

If the regular VS is as close to a race car as is being touted here I don't really see what they could do with a LE to better that.

markonex likes this.
  6. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    crinoid likes this.
  7. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Pretty please?

F2003-GA likes this.
  8. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    There's always a bit more extreme, a bit more power, more outrageous bodywork, less weight, etc etc. Ferrari are the masters at it.

9. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    whats his instagram name?

prepare yourself:

—> 800Nm + RWD + manual. :D

10. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    exactly. they love to sell a lot of their run-off-the-mill models (which are really nice cars in their own right) by creating those rumors about 'qualified allocations for their special albeit non-limited versions. and you will agree with me that marchionne does not care if/how/where people unload them after having paid top dollars happily:::)))

11. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    sorry but that is nonsense. you will be order one in summer 2019 and still get the car.

12. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    to cool it a bit i took a somewhat spirited drive in my 991.1 GT3RS today, just to understand whether a simple 500hp car has still some interest to me after talking 700+ all there time. guess what....i had a lot of fun, inspite of 7 centigrades temperature and only 500 naturally aspirated hp's:::)))

13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I think they will play up either the Challenge or GTE/GTLM aspect, probably more so Challenge.

So aside from the obvious play on the Challenge name, places where they race these throw up, among others, Italian locations Misano and Mugello and (likely GM-owned) Monza.

Keeping with the M-theme, and since they don't race at Monaco, I propose Montreal.

The Challenge race is held here in conjunction with the Canadian GP, Gilles Villeneuve's first win, in a Ferrari was here and Schumi won here with Ferrari multiple times. Pretty sure Alfa will let the name go in exchange for some F1 engines. ;-)

Caeruleus11 and crinoid like this.
  14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Since they have no shame in bringing back legendary names and they've threatened to quit F1 again they could go with something like the 488 LM.

15. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    This car won't get GTO designation that's saved for a more special V-8 - Ferrari's answer to the Senna

16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Hilarious :D:D:D

17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Its called boost. I am certain its mostly ready to go even now as far as the code and the turbo design mods. The infrastructure of the new release must support the LE upgrades at initial design or the LE will not be feasible. For the V8 turbos, Ferrari's trick is to retain the sense of very little lag by limiting boost in the lower gears on up the rev band. The LE will be hot the whole time through but still not have "perceivable" lag or unrefined hit. Since there are rumors/promises of hybrids after a certain date, the boost should be substantial compared to the many thousands of the non-LE builds (which will be flipped like hotcakes to get a shot at the real LE as always). Add a higher red line, less restrictive exhaust, more aero, more standard and extensive CF, better braking, and at least one new innovation. And you get the 1/xxx badge that seals in the resale.

18. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Exactly, they’re not getting what they want and they’re blabbering about it.

19. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    LM is Le Mans and Ferrari won Le Mans the last tome at 2014, so not really...

crinoid likes this.
  20. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    since you asked nice........ok, I'll stop,I won't utter 488 GTO again. I have proven with valid points that have been confirmed as to why it should be given the GTO handle.

BUT IF it does get the GTO nameplate my inbox better get lite up with praise as the keeper of the GTO dream hahahaha, just kidding. I'm just a Ferrari lover.......well I love all cars but damn I really love Ferraris.

markonex likes this.
  21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I'm aware of what LM means. As I said they have no shame in what historic name they regurgitate onto a new model. They have been racing in the GT classes of LeMans for most recent history. They could possibly use this moniker. Is it likely I don't know.

23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Why does my browser display you as a BANNED user ? If you are banned why are you still commenting?

24. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim