488 GTO ? | Page 83 | FerrariChat

488 GTO ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wab0625, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Sublime, Suprema, Superba, Sportiva, Stellare.

But as the McLaren did the Senna, Ferrari could do the 488 Gilles Villeneuve, or GV

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  2. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    How about 488 Scuderia Corsa or 488SC?
    The other option is 488 Scuderia Speciale or 488SS?
    And finally 488 Corsa Speciale or 488CS?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
  4. Macki

Macki Rookie

Oct 3, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Ferrari 488E

for Espresso

:D

F2003-GA, Ferrari 308 GTB and chrixxx like this.
  5. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Nonsure about that. If a production run of 4000 is planned, even Ferrari would struggle to sell out by Geneva...

Silberpfeil likes this.
  6. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Porsche with a far larger clientele only sold approximately 5000-6000 991.1 GT3RS's and at way less $'s per car. 4000 units is a fair number IMO

7. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    In the same topic talking about the same car, you heard people complaining not getting it and people saying ferrari wont sell all the cars..

F140C likes this.
  8. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Obviously to clear 4000 cars at launch is feasible at some price point, but I'd be amazed if they can do it the price point of €300k + options which more than 2x 911 gr3 RS. If they did, Marchionne will double production next week :D

Shack likes this.
  9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    That's because apart from the slides everything since Thursday has been second or third hand interpretations of what may or may not have been said to the dealers who if truth be told are never renowned for their ability to convey information accurately

nads likes this.
  10. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    scuderiaman

I like that.

11. Flo400

Flo400 Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Page 83 and still no leaked pic.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

12. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I said it's their goal. Whether they achieve it remains to be seen. But from a conversation this weekend I wouldn't bet against it. The car will be a powerful statement from Ferrari about its most valuable and essential brand asset - Ferrari's immense motor-racing heritage. Hardcore. Demand for this car is already sky-high, partly from confusion about its production run and very unlikely (and in my opinion unnecessary) GTO naming. Once details are revealed (via its virtual launch) I expect demand to go into orbit. There are alternatives on the market, some cheaper but when Ferrari nails its product, no one can touch its brand power.

13. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Non.

14. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Let's say "special thanks to McLaren"! With the 720S and the Senna they have set the expectations for the "GTO" so high that any interested party assumes that this car will outperform everything on this earth, Ferrari "strikes back"! For the order books, a good buyer sentiment. Once again the perfect timing of Ferrari. ;)

15. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    how many speciale were made?

4000 was said in here for GTO, Aperta and maybe LE also.
    so maybe around 2500 for the "GTO".

2000 GT2RS were sold before the car was announced. P cleaning ladys (and your dealer) will tell you they could sell 4times the numbers. but also clearly based on expected value. if you ask dealers back in the days were it was normal to lose 20% of MSRP in the first year - demand would be fine with the 2000 units. anyhow this is the time were we are living in. better cars instead krypto...

2500 GTO´s are for sure sold out - already a couple of month ago.
    as soon pictures will arrive - they could sell 5000 of those.
    including the denied GT2RS buyers (as i´m one) this number would double again.

No doubts from my side that F is able to sell out everything. doesn´t matter the production numbers.

When we will be able to configurate?
    After 14.Februar (dealer video party) or on 08.March (Geneva)?
    When will start production?

16. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner
    Assuming that it will be built during max 2 years I guess max 2000, as they have to continue the 488 GTB and spider production in parallel... Hopefully less, so the value of mine will increase

Sent from my HTC U11 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    They can make such a claim but I think at best it will mean they have matched the number of interested people with the expected production number.
    Putting a deposit for a car expected to arrive 2 years from now is one thing, signing a binding contract (which would be a real sale) in the same conditions is another thing.
    If they ask all interested people to confirm their orders immediately, they may have people declining, which is not in their interest, because they'll have then to turn to people they initially told would not get one - not a good position to be in, even if eventually they'd sell all cars anyway.
    Better for them IMHO is to only ask for confirmation the people at the top of their list, keep others on the list without confirmation, and initially (let's say during about one year) tell new people asking that it's sold out.
    Which it is not, because some people on the list without confirmation will change interest after one year (becaus new cars unveiled or whatever), which will free possibilities for new customers.

18. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well said, and I am absolutely sure every UK dealer has sold their allocation already. The volumes may seem high and are not a LE but it still means only 200 to 230 cars for UK , and that is easy to sell.

Caeruleus11 and nkhalid like this.
  19. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    to sure about configuration begin but production should start after the summer break. ferrari will produce as many as they can (sell) in the two years production window. no one (at least in central europe where things are apparently different to overseas, including the UK) should worry to be left out.
    btw, my dealer told me yesterday, that waiting time for the 812 super fast is about 2-3 years, he said he could most likely get me the 488GTB successor earlier:::)))

20. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Ferrari doesn't need anything this complicated. Ferrari (and its dealers) have extensive knowledge on their mature and emerging customers. They track a host of data-points related to history and potential. I'll eat my hat if Ferrari doesn't achieve all its targets.

Caeruleus11 and Dolceexte like this.
  21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    They will sell as many cars as they want and claim whatever they want, but I find hard to believe a 4000 units production will be actually sold out immediately.
    When the 488 GTB was introduced there were claims of 4-year waiting lists on some markets, 3 years later one can get a new 488 in less than one year anywhere in the world. Just shows these waiting lists were virtual to some extent (they were probably filled up with real people, but the "long term contracts" were not binding).
    The 812 is also virtually sold out now - some dealers refusing orders - but I bet two years from now one will be able to order one.

22. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Agreed! How many of folks are willing to purchase sight unseen etc. Am curious how much are options vs standard on the 488 GTO.

23. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    As you correctly say, they have this down to a fine art and are the true masters of LE and even non LE marketing. From everything one hears about the point system, it is a sophisticated analytical tool and I am sure they consider this when pondering production runs of cars such as this. I have not a doubt in my mind they will hit their sales goal on this car and suspect they are secretly delighted that this leak took place. It just ramps up the mystique and excitement, free PR, at which, as I said, they are the masters.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    How do you guys think the 488VS will affect 812 - Don't get me wrong the 812 will still sell out BIG
    But I can't help but think since it won't be the fastest Ferrari around So the premium over list will shrink

Any Thoughts out there o_O

25. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Let's start by taking a guess on the carbon rims. Any advance on $25,000?

Caeruleus11 and Dolceexte like this.