best way to lose belly fat? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

best way to lose belly fat?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by bocaf430, Mar 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    At least someone is down! LOL!

I'm up 20lbs since May (but had dropped 10lbs), although I'm the only one that thinks I'm fat. Although I had one person say that they thought my face looked a little puffy when I said that I had gained weight. My stomachs the only things that holds fat.

2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Just set your mind to it and don't give in. Hey, Jan 1st is right around the corner. Perfect opportunity.

3. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I stumbled across a guy named Dr. Berg on YouTube in February. At the time, I was 255 pounds at 5'10".

He was talking about fatty livers and I knew I had one from a scan done many years ago.

I started eating based on his recommendations and dropped to 202 pounds without exercising and without a massive drop in muscle mass.

I'm happy to report that my father is now following his recommendations and is losing weight as well.

My goal for this year is to reach 180 and begin working out a few times a week.

Steve

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  4. jackjohn

jackjohn Rookie

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    louisjohnjack
    When compared to pills, drops yield better results for you.
    If you ask me a suggestion go with HCG.

5. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Which of his video did you follow?

6. jackjohn

jackjohn Rookie

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    louisjohnjack
    Hey Don,
    Are talking about this man. I have found some link on youtube: .
    Are you talking about this guy?

7. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That's him. Find your body type first and easy accordingly. I am "liver."

8. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I watched this video and I personally concur with almost all of what he says. His advice is excellent.

The minor differences I have from his advice is probably due to my body type as I have an intrinsically higher metabolic rate than average and this affects how I need to take in food to maintain my activity level and avoid large meals. His advice will actually still work for my body type but it just makes it harder than necessary.

9. jackjohn

jackjohn Rookie

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    louisjohnjack
    Thanks don for your quick reply.

10. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Im not sure because he has a few videos . I was curious which did he follow that got him results

11. jackjohn

jackjohn Rookie

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    louisjohnjack
    Ok I will take care of the video.

12. jackjohn

jackjohn Rookie

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    louisjohnjack
    You can follow the hcg to lose weight. But care should be taken to follow a low calorie diet.
    HCG Products Help You Lose Weight
    The key to successful weight loss is creating a caloric deficit. In other words, you need to burn more calories than you take in. This forces your body to burn fat and you then lose weight. There are four phases (1 , 2, 3, 4 ) in HCG. This is easier said than done. As you know, cutting calories can lead to hunger and low energy, making it hard to stay on your diet and reach your weight loss goal. A significant reduction in calories can cause your body to go into "starvation mode" and your metabolism will slow. Our products are scientifically designed with the exact proportions of each ingredient to keep your body out of "starvation mode" while helping you burn the most amount of fat possible, in the least amount of time.

13. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I just learned today that my sugar and cholesterol have dropped into normal range after following the recommendations of Dr. Berg. When I lose another 20, we are going to wean me off all medication to see how I fare. I'm quite happy with my results.

His videos are free on YouTube. While he does sell his books and supplements, they are not required.

Steve

14. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

I'm 188.8 as of this morning. That's nearly 52lbs since 11/16. I'm losing even though I don't ride my bike as much and I eat a little more loosely (but not bad). I'll have rice now and bread.

Now about that face of mine...

recoil likes this.
  15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    according to this guy fruit and lentils are evil!
    http://gundrymd.com/books/

16. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Are you promoting and selling HCG products? Isn't that what FDA warns against? https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm281333.htm

17. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    That’s outstanding. Congratulations!

I’m doing regular Weight Watchers, and have lost 10 pounds since January 1.

No bread and no beer for me for a long, long time. But it’s worth it.

Matt

18. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I've changed up my routine this week.

Currently 202lbs @ 6ft tall, and running 15+ miles a week, but in 3-3.5 increments.

The pounds are not going down at all...

Upping it to 20 miles week

So, here's the change. 5 mile runs Mon/Tues. Bike on Weds. 5 mile runs Thur/Fri. Weekends off (gradually add ruck marches into this)

Quick pace, 7.5mph/8.5mph/9.5mph long increments for the running, with short increments of quick walking, REALLY pushing hard, and spending 40-45 mins total on the treadmill (until it's nice out, then going outside).

I'll weigh in the end of February. I better of lost some GD weight.

I'll report back lol

No liquor or beer, I consume water or coffee as my liquids, and that's it. (normal veggie/fruit/starch/protein mix for solids)

19. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Good luck Ken. First thing I'd do is change or drop the starch. But with as much as you run you need the carbs, just make em complex.

Do you track how many calories you burn? I recently watched a fitness vlogger I follow occasionally that gave some really good advice(imo). Apart from his clients diets, when he does their workout plans for weight-loss he starts them at 3x200.....that being 3 days a week burn 200 calories doing cardio however you like to. That being 100 cals before weights and 100 after etc.. Then once you notice yiu stall add 100 calories.

It's been great advice and I've been making progress although my diets been ****. Obviously adjust the calories accordingly, but it's the general idea that makes a lot of sense.

20. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I lost 30 lbs in the last 4 months doing alot of cardio but more than that, I replaced 2 meals a day with a 6 egg white omlette with onions,asparagus. Those omlettes took 2 meals where Id eat a ton of calories and replaced them with 50 calories or so meals.

21. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

My doctor told me 10 years ago: it's calories in vs calories out. Get a FitBit Charge to track your daily burn and then calculate your caloric intake. Give things a boost by doing some kind of cardio for 30 min a day. Look up a few charts to see where your heart rate needs to be for optimal fat burn at your age. That's how I figured it out. You will be shocked by how many calories you're taking in, I know I was.

22. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    a) either your building muscles (which is good)

or

b) you`re eating too much ;) (which is bad)

that is the secret !

you have to produce a "negative" energy balance ... continuously

without knowing your intake, it will be difficult to achieve

depending on your body, it might take 2-3 months until your metabolism changes (burning calories from fat more than from sugar)...
    then the pounds really go down fast

don´t train too much / too often / or too intensively ... you cannot force it
    depending on your age, I would advice to pause every second day ... your body needs full recovery to avoid overstress and potential injuries

23. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Never realized this until I REALLY got strict with my diet. It's the truth and it REALLY works. It's actually hard for me to gain weight these day and im eating a bit more now that I reached my ideal weight.

24. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    glad you experienced this, Armen

I`ve been telling the fact for the last ten years ... and unbelievably enough one rarely reads about it these days

sure, first you have to reduce your carb intake, while at the same time increase your protein intake -
    it is a nice experience to recognize that you get saturated just as good from proteins as from sugar/carbs

once you reached that state - tricking your body into taking it`s energy from fat rather than from sugar/carbs, - you can (almost) eat what you want ...
    as long as you hold on to your training routine at the same time
    (for ex 2x per week 30min cardio like running/cycling and 2x per week 45min workout / strengh training would be more than enough, every second day full pause)

we are not talking about a limited change of habbits for 3-6 weeks, not even 3-6 months... we are talking about a life style change for good

unfortunately most people will never get that far ... simply due to a lack of self discipline
    they usually want to "see" success in weeks not months ... often with the "garanty" to get back to their bad habbits asap ... and that will never work !

once they start a training program and eat healthy(er), they often experience a rather quick success within the first 3-4 weeks of regular training ...
    but than they usually hit a wall -
    checking your weight daily would now be the worst thing you can do ... because chances are, that you will now actually gain weight !
    (and that would be normal because you grow muscles faster than you burn calories ... and muscles are heavier than fat)

the only value that would be worth checking - in the beginning and once a month - is the percentage of your body fat

since people often know nothing about how their body/metabolism works, this is the point where most stop and drop out of their training ...
    actually not knowing that they would have been on the right track ... if only they had stayed more patient for another month or two

no rocket science here ...

and the "six pack" is still made in the kitchen;)
    but to be honest, it will only be visible once the body fat dips below 13%

25. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I do weigh myself at this point every morning. I feel that determines my day. (Go hard today or go light today on ANYTHING i do).
    Yes, after a few weeks, it's easy to cut corners. I really had to push hard to stick with it and get over that hump.
    Actually I just told my Brother in law last night about your quote. He replied "months" I said oh yea! You got to be discipline if you want to do it right. And the rewards could be a lifetime. I'm totally benefiting already. I cheat alot on weekends now and don't gain weight.
    I also feel GREAT!