812 order status on My Ferrari.com | Page 7 | FerrariChat

812 order status on My Ferrari.com

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Red Sled, Apr 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Same happened to my order. Dealer said they have mine in their system so we should be good.

2. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Thanks ! Good info.
    I am working on basis dealer is fed up with me asking when I might get my car so I have not asked him direct.
    Hope they both come quickly.

3. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    I'm still waiting on any kind of info about delivery and I ordered mine a year ago.

4. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Possibly some good news for UK 812 buyers. My order appears to be now at 10R, but have no idea how long it will stay there until production begins. Given I am not a priority customer, there is a some chance others may already have been there, and start receiving cars in 2018H1.

ajr550 likes this.
  5. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    My money is still on H2 2018 but this is encouraging.
    I feel another call to my dealer coming on !

6. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

My H1 comments is purely speculative based on my F12 experience of 10R to delivery of 7 months but it was TM, and the 812 spec is entirely standard. Would be useful to see what intel your dealer can provide.

7. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Understood.
    I am not expecting one of the first cars my dealer gets but am targeting Mille Miglia Tribute (which I love doing) in May 2019 as first big adventure in new car.
    Your status confirmation is the only definitive news I have heard re UK deliveries.If I hear anything concrete from dealer I will post.

8. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

So call made this morning.UK pipeline and production is starting but not expecting first cars until July/August.
    My dealer said they had not been allocated as many 2018 cars as they had hoped for (not sure if this was specific to them,a nice way of telling me I won't get one this year or a UK issue). Their info was that UK production would be ramped up after the August break and that they anticipated a good supply of cars in 2019.

9. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

PS UK dealers met with Ferrari Northern Europe this week to be told allocations etc so anyone in UK waiting should phone dealer if they have not been contacted.

10. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Thanks for the info, the timing of which makes sense. Good luck with the rest of the process.

11. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Thanks.I'm "guaranteed" a car in 2019 and hopefully in time to do Mille Miglia Tribute in May.
    Make sure you post pictures when yours shows up.

12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I’ve Been thinking about doing the Mille Miglia this year but might not get round to it in time. If not, next year definitely. And hopefully should be in my TM 812 if all goes well. Seems a fitting car for it, my first Mille.

13. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Do it.It is just the BEST thing ever IMHO.

14. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Quick question.

I got the first pic of the car "shell" (white undercoat).

Whats the "normal" time between this first pic and the car being delivered? Understand there is 6 weeks shipping to add in my case.

15. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    I got my first and second pic on the same day 17 Nov. Although it was status 60 on 8 Nov.

Car arrived at port of Brisbane 25 Dec

16. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    wow so shipping was very quick?
    i expected the car in June

17. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    Shipping was about 30 days - 35 tops. My production photos were on quite a lag - my final photo was 21 Nov

Shack likes this.
  18. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

I hope that for you sake that my experience was atypical, but my first F12 photo arrived on Apr 15 last year and the car arrived at the dealers on Jul 21, and this was the UK so shipping would have been only a few days.

Quite a few people seem to get their production photos almost simultaneously, but I think that is just an order system issue.

Good luck!

19. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Thanks. Interesting as I was quoted June/July delivery. So based on your scenario, add 6 weeks travel and I may get it June/July which is what I was quoted anyway.

20. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I am told that the first customer cars have now been delivered to UK.Much earlier than anticipated.
    Can anyone confirm?

21. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Good news if confirmed as my dealer had told me my wait was 12-15 months after the first deliveries.

22. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Sounds like it is only one car so far and it arrived this week.
    Not getting too excited but at least it is a start.

23. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Had an update from my dealer. The first batch of UK production cars are now expected after the factory shutdown in August. Apparently, there have been some homologation issues. The first demo car they had was delivered in November but only road registered this month due those issues.

24. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Thanks.
    Ties in with what I have been told.
    I also understand quite a few of the option parts(including internal carbon fibre)have not been available for RHD.
    Generally I think UK dealers are getting a bit frustrated with length of time between new car launches and UK deliveries.
    My perception is that Ferrari are very conscious of the time lag and that going forward we will see more models and delivered quicker.
    I think that is one thing we can thank McLaren for assuming we believe it is a good thing (which I do)

25. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Interesting in the US dealers have stopped getting monthly allocations. My car which is at stage 60 and has a lot of interior carbon should arrive in May or late April. Some US dealers have been told all future 812’s will be 2019 model year.

Will be interested in Ferrari’s first quarter results and if they say anything about a slow down in V12 sales.