Scottsdale results | FerrariChat

Scottsdale results

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by JulianMerak, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

Can anyone share the results from Scottsdale?
    I saw the results at Gooding as Maserati Khamsin at 125K sold
    Ghibli Spider not sold with high bid of $725K
    and Bora 4.9 at $155K sold

Sounds like the money was elsewhere

2. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Julian: There was plenty of money there. The market for Italian car is still "adjusting", and the buyers are very "picky". Plenty of money for extraordinary cars. Most of the Maseratis were not in that class.

cnpapa24 likes this.
  3. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
  4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
  5. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    What was wrong with the Khamsin? The photos look terrific?

Ditto black Bora?

6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    glad i wasn't the only one who noticed that. Im so lost at the valuations, those cars are made in insane quantities theyre not even remotely rare, not sure wtf was going on

7. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    The Ghibli spy was a 4.7 and looked to be in great condition with hardtop. No telling what it was like to drive.
    In this market it made $725 + 10% + sales tax and license for a total all in for a little shy of $900.000 which is about right for a 47 in this flat market.

The Khamsin at $125 + 10% + sales tax made a little shy of $150 which is about right in this flat market. It was a very nice car, again no telling how if ran or drove??

There were 2 Vignale Spyders that I saw. A the late green one with hardtop at RM and the Blue one at Barrett Jackson. Both were IMHO market correct considering the condition of both.
    The green car was a late injected car that needed a $250,000 restoration, so the hammer price of $545,000 + 10% = $600,000 + Tax license and shipping brought it to $660,000 add in the restoration cost and you are looking at $900,000 finished. IMHO, for a late injected car that is “all the money” in this market.

The blue Vignale at Barrett had a very nice shinny blue paint job done in a none original color with a little to much metal flake in it for my taste.
    After that it went all down hill. The interior was done in a very incorrect leather (I call it Cadillac leather) and the engine was non period correct and of course non matching numbers.
    It had an early engine with the external high pressure oil pump with the filter mounted under the Webber’s.
    The incorrect details on the car begged to be changed. The hood and trunk stays, the incorrect headlights, and on and on the list went.
    It did have nice chrome and glass. I shutter to think of how it drove. I would not want to take it on a 500 mile drive let alone a 1000 miles.
    So the high bid of $550,000 was again market correct considering the non matching, non period correct engine, and everything else it needed, you would be into the car
    $850,000 with no matching engine. Again about market correct.
    Considering that a perfectly correct, well sorted, drive anywhere, mid production Vignale Spyder fitted with wire wheels, disc brakes, 5 speed and factory delivered with Webers and hardtop is currently in $900,000 to $1,200,000 range.
    These cars on offer were market correct.
    In summery, my choice would have been the green car with bone leather. It seemed to be in very original condition with good known history. It just needed $250,000 set aside to finish it off.
    Ciao,
    FGM

Attached Files:

8. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Gooding shows the Ghibli spyder as sold but no amount is provided .... very strange. I think it was sold after the auction. Do you know for sure that it sold for $725K plus commision ?

Ivan

9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Ivan, all,

I just got back from Modena where I visited Adolfo "Rasputin" Orsi and he confirmed that the car, owned by a client of his, was sold post auction US$900k.

Best regards,

Marc

10. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The Boras were very much drivers.