Tomorrow is the day! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Tomorrow is the day!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by racerdj, Jan 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Regarding the upgraded sound system, I found the same thing in my new 488 Spider. The audio system takes a lot of hits in the forum, and to some extent it's justified (I was a 2-channel freak at one point, spending almost the cost of the 488 on audio gear), but I've been surprised at the improvement differences between my upgraded system, and the standard system of a friends 488. He agrees, and now wishes he had included it in his spec.

Jim

racerdj and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    racerdj likes this.
  3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! Beautiful!!!

racerdj likes this.
  4. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Not to step on Daves thread but it's nice to hear Ryan you are back in a Ferrari again
    Last I remember you had a 430 then a 458 for just a bit?

racerdj likes this.
  5. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    I had a 430 then a 458 Italia for about 18 months. Sold the Ferrari to buy a new home at the time. I then drove a 991 GT3 for a little while (actually had 2 of them, one white then sold that one for a black GT3) but missed the special feel of the Ferraris. I considered another 458 Italia and almost pulled the trigger on a nice example in Illinois but ended up grabbing a allocation on a 2018 488GTB with a short 5 month wait so I went for it. I wanted to try something new being I already experienced the 458 Italia. I Cant wait!!

of2worlds and racerdj like this.
  6. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    You are not stepping on this thread. I really like to read other opinions on the 488's competition and ownership experiences. I trust other opinions over triolls and magazine articles. This post makes be very happy I did not go the 991 GT3 route. I was very tempted. To me there is just something very special about owning a Ferrari that you mention. The Lamborghini Performante was also considered. I looked for a MT F-430 for so long.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Sure it's a red 488 but the house is very cool to. Congrats on the arrival of your Continental Ferrari!

racerdj likes this.
  8. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    The 991 GT3 is a amazing car for the money. Now, to be fair the price point of a GT3 is about $100,000 to $125,000 less if not more than a nicely optioned 488GTB. The GT3 does soo many things well but it certainly does not provide the same ownership experience as a Ferrari... especially a 488GTB. Once I experienced a Ferrari the Porsche after awhile became a little boring. A GT3RS, Performante,
    720S now those are comparable cars to the 488GTB. Their is a thread on the forum (Poll) that has exhausted the thoughts on the comparisons between those models. I cant wait to be back in a Ferrari they truly are amazing machines in soo many ways.

racerdj and Afonsolaw like this.
  9. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I agree before getting into my 458 spider I previously owned a 430 gated car then I moved up to a Scuderia then I decided to give the AMG SLS gullwing a try.... Great car incredible naturally aspirated engine which is a big thing for me and the look of the car as a whole is beautiful not to mention the doors are just the High Point for me. However after a while I truly missed Ferrari ownership there is truly something special about owning one of these cars and being part of the Ferrari family. I cannot imagine ever not owning a Ferrari again.

Zinger and Melvok like this.
  10. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Afonsolaw perfectly states my thoughts, "However after a while I truly missed Ferrari ownership there is truly something special about owning one of these cars and being part of the Ferrari family."

Zinger likes this.
  11. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Of course we all agree on that :) !

Zinger likes this.
  12. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sweet ride man

Congratulations

Keep us updated on your adventures with her

Regards

Michael

racerdj likes this.
  13. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Congrats! Beautiful car!

I got my car at Continental, too. I couldn’t find the car I wanted anywhere else. They were great to deal with, but I had it shipped on an enclosed transport.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app