308 cam pulley group buy | Page 4 | FerrariChat

308 cam pulley group buy

Discussion in '308/328' started by derekw, Jan 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Glad you like them Dan. I'll send everyone some instructions with photos as soon as I have a breather. The non-adjustable sets are machined but need to get them anodized.

2. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    I have a few sets left of both bronze adjustable pulleys (cosmetic seconds) and non adjustable (bronze or black). $250 plus post for former, $320 latter. All are 7075 aluminium with type 3 hard anodising. I will put them on ebay as well. Postage is about $27 to US, less to Europe. cheers, derek
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. P4AntonLM

P4AntonLM Karting

Dec 31, 2007
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Anton Schicho
    Hi Derek,
    I would like two buy 2 sets of: bronze adjustable / cosmetic seconds.
    They must fit on: 308 GTSi /USA and 308 GTB /Euro.
    Delivery to Austria
    regards, Anton

4. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Anton, I may be out of the adjustable seconds as three other people have requested some and another set is on ebay. The other sets can be made adjustable with an eccentric pin and sleeve in one of the two bigger holes (look in previous posts to this thread.) Any machine shop could make these pins/sleeves for you for a few euro. Send me a PM or email so I have you on the list in case I have enough sets (they are in storage.)

5. P4AntonLM

P4AntonLM Karting

Dec 31, 2007
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Anton Schicho
    Hi Derek,
    How to PM you?

6. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Not sure now. Have they stopped private messages? Just email me at derekrwhite at yahoo

7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Do you have a link to the eBay sale of the non adjustable ones? Thanks

8. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
  9. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Hi Derek.
    If you do decide to make any more, maybe put them in the Mondial section too.
    Will you be making any of the bottom pullies in aluminium as the steel pullies on my Qv are getting a bit tatty.
    Regards Pete

10. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Hi Pete, I did the drawings for the GT2 round-tooth lowers but was not sure many would want the extra cost and marginal benefit from switching all 6 pulleys and using the more expensive belts. At least the lowers are both the same so the minimum order is not too bad. Probably need 10 people to get them for $50 each. Have yours rusted? mine were 30k miles and still very good after soda blasting.

11. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Hi Derek.
    Yes, mine are a bit pitted and would prefer them in aluminium.
    50 each sounds very fair, so put me down for two (in red if poss).
    You have my email address too.
    Regards Pete

12. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Price is very fair! I paid $1200 for a set of 4 from Dinoparts that look almost identical to these.

13. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Hi Derek,

Sorry, I've been MIA. I put a deposit on a set long ago. Please tell me you still have a set for me (adjustable). Please contact me directly.

Thanks

Henry
    [email protected]

14. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    Derek
    im interested in a set of non adjustable bronze. Are they made "plug and play" in that if my pulley is timed on hole number 2 and i put the new pulley on hole number 2 the timing is not changed?
    regards Wayne

15. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Yes. But it would be worth checking the timing as I've heard that some have been found to be out a few degrees. With a cam pin at about 20mm from the centre and two crank degrees per cam degree, it can easily be a few degrees off.

16. c2kid

c2kid Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 26, 2014
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    geoffrey g brown
    #91 c2kid, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    aloha, i'mm a newbie to ferrari but a 40 year porsche technician. i bought a 308 gt4 with the engine in a basket. unfortunately, the cams and belt pulleys were poorly stored and are rusted and pitted. i would like to purchase a set of these pulleys from you if they're compatable with a carburetted 308. don't care about colour. i got new cams to grind and they're off to dimi elgin for regrind (they were for an injected 308). these are the last bits i need. cheers, geoff [email protected] 808-965-1335

17. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Hi Geoff, I’ll send you an email with payment details. I have 3 styles, old 2-piece square tooth adjustable with four screws to lock/adjust. New single piece with ten fixed timing holes and two for eccentric pins for fine tuning timing, also same single piece for modern round-tooth HTD/GT2 belts (and corresponding lower pulleys.)

18. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
  19. c2kid

c2kid Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 26, 2014
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    geoffrey g brown
    thanks derek,can't wait to get em and drive this thing after 2 years. you were a fantastic help in evaluating the options. cheers, geoff

20. christoph4

christoph4 Rookie

Feb 19, 2010
    Hi Derek,
    have I missed the boat on getting a set of cam pulleys from you? 1978 308 GTS carb euro car. I'd be most interested if you are having any more made or if you have a set.
    Chris

21. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Hey Chris,

I just sold/traded my 308 last week and never installed my pulleys. Contact me if you are interested.

Henry
    805-813-0508

22. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Hi Chris, I have a few sets of the one-piece round tooth in bronze for use with modern HTD or GT2 belts and a couple of the original adjustable square tooth that people swapped for round tooth. I have some two-piece round tooth pulleys coming in a month or two with the old design (adjust with four cap screws.) The one-piece are also adjustable with an eccentric pin. Send me a pm with your address and whether your engine has the inside seal (late) or outside seal (early) on the cam drive pulleys.