Mexico Registry... | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Mexico Registry...

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Mexico074, Jul 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wsaarbib

wsaarbib Rookie

Jan 25, 2018
    I purchased a Mexico 112*012 and started restoring it. Finish bodywork and engine off to enable to paint. The car was completely sanded. I found the paint blu sera and original Connolly leather (new Connolly). The paint in the engine bay, hood and rear boot understand was black mat and not car color. Is right assumption? I am a car collector and restoring as well a Ferrari 330gt series 2.
    Tks Walter arbib

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

2. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    I love that blu sera. I hope that you'll post some photos.
    Where did you find the Connolly leather? Every shop I have spoken to says that Connolly is no longer available.

Thanks

3. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Luvcoupes: Connelly is back in business with their full range of leathers. We use them often.

4. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    DWR44...thanks for the reply. Where are you located? Perhaps shops in the US are uninformed?

5. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
  6. wsaarbib

wsaarbib Rookie

Jan 25, 2018
    Toronto. The car is under restoration in Macedon Rochester. Know Connolly well. Was not happy on the leather they provided for my last car. As you are probably aware is the new Connolly. The car is missing all badges that trying to get original to match the holes. Mine was one of the first manufactured. Rgds

7. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    Hello Walter, based on my observation of many many cars, the underhood and under boot are painted in the car color. The hinges are always black. I'm currently looking for the original material under those parts. Here what I found on eBay. I'm really happy. It looks exactly the same.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Diamond-Quilted-Textured-Soft-Vinyl-Faux-Leather-Upholstery-Fabric-Black-Colour/263393519606?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=562407417828&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    I'm no longer have my Mexicos, but I do have a 1971 DBSV8 that I am about to pull the 2 front seats out of to have reupholstered. I already had the dash and console reupholstered when they were out of the car last year, but at that time none of the upholstery shops seemed to think that Connolly leather was available. The hides for the leather seats is already purchased, $800, so not sure if it makes sense to try to use Connolly now. Any info on their leather pricing?
    Thanks

9. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
  10. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    wilde...it also states: We Can Have This Fabric Treated With Fire Retardant At An Extra Cost...good idea for under the hood!

11. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello All...

Your choices for more original looking leather are probably Maeli (Italy) and Connolly (UK)...
    As I am restoring a Ghibli SS,I have compared samples from both. Both appear to be very good.
    I think the Connolly leather might be a bit less expensive. Make sure you use a good upholsterer!

Mike

12. wsaarbib

wsaarbib Rookie

Jan 25, 2018
    It seems the black is best match. Tks for your help. Is the engine bay black? Tks

13. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    Don't forget this one: http://www.classiccarleathers.com

wsaarbib likes this.
  14. wsaarbib

wsaarbib Rookie

Jan 25, 2018
    I know them. They imitate the FRANZI leather that was used on the Ferrari 330gt.
    For the Maserati still Connolly was used.
    Tks

15. wsaarbib

wsaarbib Rookie

Jan 25, 2018
    Aston was using a Scottish company the bridge of .weird..... if cannot find it will look. They are very good and old. I purchased from them for my Aston vanquish and Aston told me that they were the one doing their leather but sold by Aston. Their prices are ok.

16. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Luvcoupes: I am in the US, but "thecarnut" has posted Connollys website here.

17. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
  18. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    Do you have any source for that tank cover material? I need to fabricate these covers from scratch for my car.....

Black is correct. A question regarding only the radiator cover: Is it always painted in the car colour or black? I saw different variants and i am not sure how it was originally.....

19. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    I seriously think that the cover in also painted in the car color.

20. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
  21. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    Yes, I saw the Hyman listing also yesterday. Wondering if anyone knows anything about this car, or who was involved in it's upkeep and presentation? Any history on it known?

Thanks, RF

22. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    It appears that some of the interior items, center consul, back seat, etc... are somewhat "baggy". Is this correct?

23. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    Wow, thanks for your speedy reply!

24. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    #112.382 was imported from Italy to the USA by one of the major movie companies for one of their foreign Stars. The car also had a brief appearance in a movie and had very strange bumpers fitted. In 1982 the car was owned by George Sintich, a dealer (EXITICARS) in Canoga Park, CA, USA.

3500 GT likes this.