Looking at 2010 458s. Thoughts on this one? | FerrariChat

Looking at 2010 458s. Thoughts on this one?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Scout123, Dec 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scout123

Scout123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2017
  2. jaapio

jaapio Karting

Feb 19, 2016
    Bruinisse, the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jaap
    nice car, nice colour, nice interior, I am a not a fan of that type of wheel

3. Morgan72301

Morgan72301 Karting

Aug 12, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I've never seen that exterior color in person but the pics looks great.

4. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    Looks clean and a great price. Don't care much for the standard wheels though.

5. alexwolf1216

alexwolf1216 Rookie

Jun 15, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Alexander Wolf
    I had a 360 in that color and loved it. I purchased a red 458 and miss the blue sometimes.

6. Scout123

Scout123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2017
    I plan on using whatever Ferrari I get as a year-round car, as in putting winter tires on them as well. Not saying I will drive in the snow, but will drive when it is cold out. Anyone have any experience doing this in 458? I live in Kansas City, but thanks to climate change, our winters have become more mile every year.

7. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M

I drove my 458 Italia a few times when the temp was under freezing. You have to be careful the tires really do get loose if not careful. This can be said for just about any car with over 500HP in the super cold weather. It is great to hear you want to drive it year round!

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    love the color combo and agree the wheels have to go

Cigarzman likes this.
  9. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Not a fan of the wheels exterior collor or the seats. No offense just not my stilo.

10. dc3843

dc3843 Karting

Dec 13, 2014
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    David Conrad
    I bought mine from Ferrari of Denver back in August. Great dealership. I bought my 2011 with less miles for a little less. You should make them a lower offer. Car looks cool though good luck.

11. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Ask for an official PPI before you decide (it's an off Ferrari document) ! Nothing less.

If they don' t do that ... ask at another oem dealer for it. 190 points are checked and documented for you.

Costs are only around $400. Check the DOT (Date Of Tyre) .. whether the tyres were renew or not (yet) ... all cost money ... :D

joe5522 likes this.
  12. Charleswang089

Charleswang089 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2018
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Charles Wang
    It looks very basic. There are better choices out there.

13. 430 Scooter

430 Scooter Karting

Jan 17, 2016
  14. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Not bad. If you really must have shields this isn’t your car. You can usually get a good used set of forged OEM wheels from Exoticar Auto for a good price (I just saw them offer a set in silver at $3500), so the base level wheels aren’t an issue. It does have a rear parking camera and front end lifter, which if you intend to drive this car a lot, are necessary options in my view. A PPI is a good idea, but if they throw in a one year warranty, it may not be that bad a risk to just eyeball and test drive it. Base seats but a lot of carbon fiber, so only your personal seating comfort will tell you whether they are ok. The option electric seats have memory positions, which are nice to have for a driven car. Even if you are the only driver, it makes it easy when service techs move the seat around. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

16. agentbb007

agentbb007 Karting

Sep 25, 2009
    USA
    Full Name:
    Strider
    I've seen that color in person and it does look great, have you seen the color in person? No shields is a deal breaker for me though. If you're in Colorado I personally prefer this 458, less miles, has shields and I like the gray color. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/720499621/overview/
    But as others suggested get a pre-purchase inspection on any car before you buy.

17. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    For me, no shields mean no deal. I would list your deal breaker must have options and color. If you rationalize, you will regrett in the future. This is from personal experience.

Need4Spd likes this.
  18. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Its a pretty car. But, like most everything, its priced where it is for a reason(s).

The color, basic seats and wheels, lack of shields and mileage are my guesses why.

Which means two things imho:

1) You can get a 458 for a good price
    2) You are likely to have a higher than standard challenge to sell it (because many buyers will cross that car off of their list for the reasons listed above. Doesn't mean there isn't a buyer for it of course, just that there will be less of a pool of potential buyers for it.)

19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Good carbon inside. Nice color exterior.
    Wheels easily changed (make dealer do it free).
    I think you can find newer for similar deals though.

20. Ravers

Ravers Rookie

Jul 30, 2012
    Hinsdale Il
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Just bought a 2010 in Silverstone w same wheels. At first I was mixed on the wheels. Now that I am driving it through the winter, I love the rims. Easy to clean, and the salt doesn't stick to the luminous surface. Big thumbs up on the interior Carbon.. Good luck!

Melvok likes this.
  21. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Show us please Ravers :D

22. payneless

payneless Karting

Oct 23, 2013
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I like the car easy to change wheels Chris @ Exoticar Auto was nice to deal with and has some good deals on new or used OEM wheels. I bought FF wheels for mine and had the dealer swap out the standard wheels.
    The dealer gave me 2grand credit for the standards!

23. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Very basic. Unloved colour will be a very tough resale especially with lack of shields and interior. Think Charlie Brown.

Buy it and be prepared to love it forever.