anyone know this car? ZFFJB54A880161367 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

anyone know this car? ZFFJB54A880161367

Discussion in '612/599' started by mibi, Oct 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #51 ttforcefed, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #53 tazandjan, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    TT- Thanks for the window sticker and your photos answer the question. Same double wall tailpipes as the old HGTS/HGTC exhaust posted above (post 12) are on the HGT2, plus the chrome/SS screen trim. Incidentally, the tailpipe design helps them stay very clean because I have them on my 575M HGTC exhaust.

4. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
  5. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    when do you get and when can i come see?

6. mibi

mibi Karting

Apr 20, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Ill even let you drive!

7. wagrubbs

wagrubbs Rookie

Oct 7, 2013
  8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wait, how come it only says '612 Scaglietti' at the top of the window sticker? Is yours a manual transmission 612?

9. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    It has the F1 transmission... just looked at another 2005 window sticker and saw that it said the exact same thing (also had the 4 speed error) even though the car also had the F1. Perhaps the window stickers changed a little bit as the car evolved.

10. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Cool, thanks for the confirmation. Ferrari window stickers are rife with errors and Italian-to-English blunders. Yours are the first details I've encountered for this car. Did you buy it new? If not, from whom? What's the current mileage?

11. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    No problem... didn't know about such errors being common, but it makes sense. I am the second owner... bought it from Lake Forest Sportscars in 2012. Current mileage is 3,960.

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    That 4 speed automatic error was inherited from the previous 2+2, the 456M. Someone used the 456M Monroney as a template. They eventually fixed it.

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Nice! Thank you! And congratulations on what sounds like a beautiful example!

Good catch, Terry!

14. Bronco

Bronco Rookie

Dec 7, 2013
    is this car for sale again? and if so why?

15. cars4life

cars4life Rookie

Apr 19, 2008
    Bump. The car is still listed on ebay. Anyone with any info?

16. NimbusNic

NimbusNic Rookie

Mar 21, 2010
    Mibi,

Was something not up to par on this 612 or did you have a change of heart? It's back on eBay and could be a great buy for someone, unless you know something about it that we don't.

17. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    ^ I'm also curious about any potential issues with this car... could be a great deal.

18. NTRLOPER

NTRLOPER Karting

Mar 3, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Kerry
    Looks like this car is up for sale again....have been perusing ads for OTO cars and found this one. It's the highest mileage OTO (20,215) and 2nd highest price ($152k), so not a great combination! The only car with a higher asking price has 13k miles and there's a a 7k mile car on offer for $149k, so effectively the same price but with 1/3 the miles and better options (contrast stitching). Also a similar mileage car on offer for $30k less....the list goes on.

Seems there were a number of questions about car during one of the last times it changed hands....curious to hear if anyone has any updated history on this one.

https://www.*******************/2008-ferrari-612-scaglietti-oto-c-467.htm

19. mibi

mibi Karting

Apr 20, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Michael
    when I saw and drove this car in 2013, there was leather pullback on the dash near the window , the moonroof had multiple spots and blotch appearance and even when "off" , never was very transparent. I priced out replacements--- absurdly priced. the car drove OK- but Perhaps at that time had a slight clanking from the right front end. In addition, there were portions of the paint that were just not up to my standards, and while it may have been all original, it was the combination of things. I am in atlanta so if someone wants me to stop be Merlin and take a look, I can do that. its wasn't a bad car when I saw it, but had been misrepresented by the seller. the dash is a 5K repair done right, and he had claimed the dash leather was perfect. perhaps its been repaired since.

20. NTRLOPER

NTRLOPER Karting

Mar 3, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Kerry
    Thanks for the input. I figured someone here had seen it since and had some insights. It's not in my consideration set just based on the mileage and price....too many other cars available right now that have much fewer miles that are priced more competitively.

21. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I know this goes against the grain, but I'd rather buy a car that has been regularly driven as opposed to a car that is never driven. Just my preference.

22. NTRLOPER

NTRLOPER Karting

Mar 3, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Kerry
    #72 NTRLOPER, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    I don't disagree......there are five OTO cars I can find right now and they range between 7k and 20k on the clock, but most are between 13k and 20k miles. With the exception of the low mile car, the rest are all relatively close....the diff between 1,300/yr and 2,000/yr is pretty small. Assuming all things equal and the maintenance records are there and it's up to date on service, I'd take a lower mile car. It's just interesting to me that the lowest mile car isn't the highest asking price and there's no trend within those five cars among mileage/price. Meanwhile, non-OTO 612's follow a pretty predictable trend with only a few outliers.

btw, Miller Motorcars just listed an OTO over the weekend.....$139.9k w/18.9k miles. Nero Daytona with beige interior unfortunately (for me). I'm also looking for a car with Daytona seats, but this does appear to be a super clean car.

23. Merlin Auto Group

Merlin Auto Group Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 18, 2016
    Atlanta
    Hi all. To help shed some light: we did buy the car with the same cosmetic imperfections noted above. Not sure if this was the case in 2013, but the wheels have some oxidation forming as well. Also needs a major service. We're addressing the leather on the dash and performing the major service. The car checked out well during the inspection. It's been in FL for the last couple of years and traded into a dealer in that region, which is how we acquired it. Happy to show the car to anyone who liked to visit or provide additional photos to interested parties. - Meagan Lewellyn, 770-457-2699