F355 | FerrariChat

F355

Discussion in '348/355' started by odijma, Feb 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. odijma

odijma Rookie

Feb 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason Ma
    Hi Ferrarichat members

What do I need to know before I buy my first Ferrari F355 manual drive?
    Does the maintenance cost is very expensive?

2. 355rockit

355rockit Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Vas
    Need to set aside ~$5K a year for incidentals. May or may not need. Depends on how well previous owner cared for it. Car loves to be driven. More issues when sitting around.. Major every 5 years may cost upwards of $8K depending on any 'while your in there stuff'.

3. odijma

odijma Rookie

Feb 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason Ma
  4. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    One of the best Ferrari’s ever made imo. I traded mine in on a 430 Scud, but plan to buy another 355 down the road. I’d plan on a major every 5-6 years and most of these cars will need radiators soon. I’d honestly rather buy a car that needed a major service, so you can get in there make sure everything is right. PPI’s will help you there too, but may not catch everything.

5. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I know a guy named rick who had a very nice red one. Yo might know him ha ha

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    +1

If there is a Ferrari club or any members of FChat in your area, try to enlist them as part of the PPI. Also try to do as much reading as you can on the car to help you to understand what the owner/dealer is telling you about the car. e.g. how the exhaust system is configured. Will it be legal in your state/country?