360 TCU Fault code list | FerrariChat

360 TCU Fault code list

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by bradyorlando456MGTA, Jan 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bradyorlando456MGTA

Mar 31, 2014
    Bluffton, SC
    Full Name:
    Brady Orlando
    Does anyone have or know where I can get a list of the fault codes for the 360 F1 transmission preferably with some sort of diagnosis suggestions. Does Ferrari sell a service manual that includes something like that? I have an error description for some codes but is often very vague at best. Thanks.

Jon Segelhorst likes this.
  2. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Here's a list of trouble codes that has circulated around for years. It doesn't appear to include TCU codes.

Attached Files:

3. bradyorlando456MGTA

Mar 31, 2014
    Bluffton, SC
    Full Name:
    Brady Orlando
    I appreciate it, I do have that list already but am hoping someone has one for the transmission, if not maybe I will make a new one for the codes I find a resolution for.

4. bradyorlando456MGTA

Mar 31, 2014
    Bluffton, SC
    Full Name:
    Brady Orlando
    Here are some of the codes I'm trying to diagnose:
    0302 - Oil pressure sensor
    0940 - Gearshift switch lock
    1702 - Engine revolutions from CAN
    1704 - Engine revolution
    2508 - Pump relay

The car has no CEL or F1 warning light and shifts/drives perfectly fine except when the gearbox is warmed up and you downshift from 4th to 3rd it makes a clunking noise, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the 5 error codes or not. I'm wondering if the TCU is getting a bad connection or possibly the pump relay is going bad and causing all these error codes?

5. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    None of those are Ferrari transmission code numbers. What did you use to down load the codes? Do the same codes come back if you clear the fault memory.
    The pump relay fault indicates that the relay is malfunctioning (sticking closed when the ECU has not commanded it to close). I would recommend replacement of the relay before it sticks and burns up the F1 pump.
    None of the codes points to a problem with the gearbox that would cause a clunking noise on the downshift from 4th to 3rd. It sounds like you have a mechanical problem with the transmission (bad synchro, etc.),which will require an internal repair of the gearbox itself. You could try changing the gearbox lubricant to see what condition it is in and if there is any debris in it. As the noise happens when it warms up, the lubricant is getting thinner due to the heat. New lubricant may help things.

6. bradyorlando456MGTA

Mar 31, 2014
    Bluffton, SC
    Full Name:
    Brady Orlando
    I pulled the codes from the TCU with a Leonardo, so far the pump has never been sticking on but I will go ahead and replace the relay. The transmission fluid was replaced just a few months ago with the OEM shell transaxle oil. I did suspect a synchro possibly and it may be, it does sound like it's shifting into 3rd much faster than the other gears. I was wondering if one of the shift solenoids was going bad or possibly a check valve. I am going to try clearing the codes this weekend but they are all showing up as present fault codes.

7. 348noob

348noob Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Singapore
    I was wondering if you ever got a resolution to your transmission problem. I too have the following codes in my TCU, and was wondering if you found out what they were caused by.

1702 - Engine revolutions from CAN
    1704 - Engine revolution

8. Stan Camacho

Stan Camacho Rookie

Nov 9, 2010
    Winnipeg MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Stan C
    I also have these codes my is a 1999 360 f1 I used autel ms908p to scan but my list is bigger :(
    Mine when it gets very hot stops shifting I have to let cool down to be able to change gears again