Disconect exhaust Valves wiring on 458 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Disconect exhaust Valves wiring on 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Baitschev, Nov 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jaapio

jaapio Karting

Feb 19, 2016
    Bruinisse, the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jaap
    you need 2 sets of male and female 2 pole Bosch junior type connectors (one set for each solenoid), you need to connect your NC (normally close) switch in series with the solenoid.

2. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Great Jaapio ...

So it is not instead but in between ... in series ! Thanx.

3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Heb jij toevallig de stocknummers Jaapio ?

Are they the Bosch Junior #6003 and ... or am I wrong here ? Or is it # 6001 ?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. jaapio

jaapio Karting

Feb 19, 2016
    Bruinisse, the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jaap
    Can't find the PM button Mel, but anyway I ordered them through Rick Donker's website, www.rdae.nl

Maybe stating the obvious, but make sure the Amp rating is sufficient for the unit that you are planning to use.

5. Baitschev

Baitschev Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2017
    Vienna
    You Need 2 set.
    First you disconnect Both valves electrical 2 Pol jpt 2 Pol connectors (Use a very smal screwdriver to disconnect the Clip )do. this without removing bumper .open only airfiltercase .turn on ignition and you can messure 12 Volt between Brown/white + and brown - of the 2 Pol jpt plugs
    Plus is brown/White +
    Ground is Brown - from ecu switching rpm
    Take Both Bown /White to the Input of Printboard to + and also direct to the valves(+)
    Ground from Frame of the car to Print (-)please take a good grounding Point for correct funktion
    Now take Both Brown wire to (com) on printboard
    The (NC ) from printboard to valves.
    So If you Start the car the exhaust valves workes Original 2 Second Open than closed.
    I take the other output of the printboard so my valves allways Open by starting the engine .and i Love it
    If you have an electrician.he can do. this job in 1 hour.
    Have fun!!!!!
    Now its wintertime you have 4 month time

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Right thanx Alois !

Where do you install the box ? The Forza is too close to hot exhausts imo.

I plan to install the box under the left CF engine board with longer wiring.

But must wait on the devices coming from China :D

7. Baitschev

Baitschev Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2017
    Vienna
    Hi Mel
    I install the Box with twin sided adhesive soft tape 3 M on the airfilter case ,so i Need only 20 cm Long cables.installation is easy .extra fixing is Not required
    Note: the airfiltercase is installed with rubber damped.no Heating Problems ,and no vibrations.
    Best regards

8. Charleswang089

Charleswang089 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2018
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Charles Wang
    Capristo remote is great, had one installed on a Cali T and the button is installed onto the cigarette lighter.

9. JariT

JariT Rookie

Nov 25, 2011
    Switzerland
    Great information! I used to disconnect plugs manually with my 360 when wanted to have more noise. This solution works also on 360.

Have anyone done this with 458Spider? I’m interested to know if there is easy access to plugs.

View attachment 2485387 [/QUOTE]

Baitschev likes this.
  10. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    I installed Forza controller myself. You can do it without removing bumper though it is a little tight. LOVE being able to open or close with a remote control. No codes. Whole thing took about an hour or so to do. Watch the little clips on the plugs as they can easily be dropped. I used a long grasping tool for removal and reinstallation to hold them. Worked like a charm.

11. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    [/QUOTE]Hi jariT

I have just plugged the lines on my 488.

Did it myself took about an hour to do but fairly straightforward.

If you search I wrote a thread on it a couple weeks back on here

Regards

Michael

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Melvok likes this.
  12. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Please send us some pics John, showing wherebit is installed and how ...

13. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Sorry for the delay in replying. I know there are other folks who have posted installs but I thought I'd add mine as well. Start by removing the left side engine cover:

14. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
  15. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    #41 johnr265, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Remove the metal clips on the two plugs with a needle nose pliers or a pry tool. It helps to have some sort of a grasper to help so you don't drop the clips. When reinstalling the plugs, you can preplace the clips back on the plug end and just snap them back on.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Some useful tools here, pry bar for reaching down to help release the clip and grasper so I didn't drop it. However, I still managed to drop one. It landed on the diffuser tray but I was able to fish it out through the space between the exhaust tip and the actual muffler tip using the magnetic tool and the grasper. This is NOT a mandatory nor planned step of the installation;).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 973599

Attached Files:

17. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
  18. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
  19. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Enjoy your total control over the sound of your car!!!

Baitschev likes this.
  20. Joe P.

Joe P. Karting

Feb 22, 2018
    Charlotte NC USA
    Full Name:
    Joe P.
    I asked my dealer to plug the vacuum lines as I've seen on these forums- the maintenance guy and sales manager said they wouldn't do it. Mtc guy said that it will make the exhaust run hotter and over time may lead to issues. That was his opinion. Given that this is my first true exotic i'm going to listen to him- but i'm sure it's fine as just about everyone has been saying- just with my 1st I am going to be cautious.

21. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    The controller is really nice because sometimes you want it open all the time (joy rides) and other times you don't (in the neighborhood, passing police, etc...) Loved having the remote to adjust on the fly. Truly, when just tooling around town at low RPM, the engine drones on quite a bit. Can get annoying, but it's great to have when you are in a more racy mood.

22. K3silk

K3silk Rookie

Jul 18, 2018
    Washington D.C
    Full Name:
    C. Smith
    Nice little install there. I might have to do this. I was thinking about doing my hatless down pipes and keeping the stock exhaust. hoping that it would keep the sound some what nice mixed with this mod.