WARNING! BAD CAR! BAD DEALER! My Story! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

WARNING! BAD CAR! BAD DEALER! My Story!

Discussion in '308/328' started by CFCARRIAGE, Aug 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jim rosenthal

jim rosenthal Karting

Sep 10, 2006
    Personally I think this is a field so loaded with land mines that if you don't get a PPI or take an expert with you (a PAID expert working for you), you are liable to get the large purple shaft. My car is a case in point. I bought it from Ferrari of Denver through a "broker". Car was a sterling example of deferred maintenance and oh by the way had been rear-ended, a fact we didn't know 'til much later. It's fine now- after years of work and straightening out by Grand Touring here in Maryland. I wouldn't LOOK at another Ferrari unless it had been vetted by them first. Sort of like buying a boat- don't fall in love, whatever you do, until after the sea trial, haulout, survey, and engine survey.

Hope you can find a Ferrari that you like and that treats you well. Even a good one will need a lot of expensive maintenance, so you really have to get the best one you can find.

2. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    geez:

* NEVER do marginal stuff over ebay - well known scams out there having to do with '2nd chance offers'.

* if flying somewhere to view a car, rent a car at the airport. This way, you have complete control over your transportation to view the car, and more importantly, control over your exit(no standing in rain, fights with 'bubba the car dick').

* on ebay: 1) no/bad feedback, 'NO DEAL' 2) fuzzy/bad/no pics, 'NO DEAL' 3) private auctions 'NO DEAL' 4) no warm fuzzy, 'NO DEAL'

3. SPEEDMAN WITHOUT LICENCE

SPEEDMAN WITHOUT LICENCE Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2006
    Charleroi Belgium
    Full Name:
    Stefaan Wauters
    Now thats the kind of seller I like to deal with someone that is willing to cooperate oh and by the way, he gave me an extra $500 discount cause he knows he's car will go to a good home and it did.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Hi Mike,
    Now,I must say,that doesn't happen very often to me....
    You luky man!!!
    Speedman

4. SPEEDMAN WITHOUT LICENCE

SPEEDMAN WITHOUT LICENCE Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2006
    Charleroi Belgium
    Full Name:
    Stefaan Wauters
    Yeah that's right...
    I learned a lot on eBay the last 12 months...
    Cars may be good or exellent for certain people(most of the time sellers),but not all the time to other people(most of the time....buyers).
    That's why I like to listen to the sometimes crappy story of the seller,and I like to act a little dumb,just to ask questions,wich of course I know the answer,but to cross-check HIS answers....f.ex,I was told one time by the seller of a Porsche 928,that these cars also exist in biturbo versions....
    And don't forget:some people thinks they know it all,but they are wrong,just because they THINK to know it all....
    Speedman.
    PS About eBay,here i Belgium,I know very very strange things happens every day....

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Poor car.....I dunno what ever happened ...it was sent "to the dealer" but FoH, last I heard, never saw it....maybe they meant the auction, out on Rankin Road.....:rolleyes:

6. redheadedstranger

BANNED

Nov 1, 2006
    Back on Ebay and now a private auction. Someone's gonna get scammed me thinks...

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I could have Valeria walk across the street and check it out thru the back door.......

It'd be interesting to know what they had to do, to get the thing running!

Maybe they'll come back on here and talk to us about it....full disclosure and honesty being the best way to deal on these cars......

(selling 1977 308GTB with my other hand......)

There are no bad cars....short of concealed wreck damage..they just need a little love sometimes..

"The car doesn't know that it's expensive to fix, Alan.... it just knows that it's broken!!! It doesn't CARE that it's expensive to fix....."
    JRV

8. Chuck Hansen

Chuck Hansen Rookie

Jan 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    chuck hansen
    #108 Chuck Hansen, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
    DEAR DAVE, FIRST OF ALL AMERICAN AUTOSOMETHING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COLLECTOR MOTORS AND NEVER DID. SECONDLY, THE CAR (FERRARI) YOU WROTE ABOUT WAS FROM 10 YEARS AGO AND YOU PUFFED THE CARS CONDITION. NOT SURE WHERE YOU ARE/WERE GOING WITH THIS STORY! WE GIVE YOU A B FOR YOUR ESSAY, BUT YOUR MATERIAL IS A BIT SKEWED. OUR WEBSITE IS WWW.@#$%^&*()$@@@.COM OR PHONE NUMBER IS 28+++-+++-+++

9. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    #109 Dr Tommy Cosgrove, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
    Congratulations for bringing something up that no one remembers from over twelve years ago.

Who cares now?

thorn likes this.
  10. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Good question.

11. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Completely agree. It was never on my radar but now it is.

12. MonsterCro

MonsterCro Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Still must have an issue. 12 years later and responds in CAPS

13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

well, ya know, some folks are still just discovering the internet, and the search function.

Probably just spotted this, remembers the incident, had to post, didn't realize how old the original thread was.

D

14. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Yeah but wow. George W Bush was still president prior to his post. That seems like generations ago,,,,

15. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Yeah, what’s that saying? Something about letting sleeping dogs lie.

16. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Whatever the issue, we can definitely agree now, Bush's fault! :)

17. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Maybe they still haven't sold the car and just figured out why, when this came up at the top of a Google search?
    :)

18. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    Wow...someone's off their meds and gone full retard!

19. robbie

robbie F1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    This whole sad story only reinforces the benefits of FerrariChat when buying and selling a FCar. The few bad guys get strained out pretty early in the process.

obertRo likes this.
  20. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks, this comment made me laugh out loud in a public place.

Hannibal308 likes this.