Jamaica | FerrariChat

Jamaica

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ASK328, Jan 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    My wife and I are thinking of taking my family with 3 young children and our nanny to Jamaica for a 10 day trip this winter. Looking at small villa’s houses, was wondering if anyone has any advice on places to stay or avoid? We usually go to the USVI / BVI’s but wanted to avoid for this year due to hurricane damage.

Thanks,

Andrew

2. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    No one knows anything about the island? Plenty of awesome villa’s, fully staffed, we are about to book.

3. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    I spent 7 years in a row at Negril, Jamaica going to one of the all inclusives. Grand Lido,Hedonism II, Couples, Sandals. All were great & the 7 miles of beach in Negril is wonderful. Just remember Jamaica is a 3rd world country, so there is crime especially away from the resort areas. I never had a problem in Jamaica in any of my trips, but I did NOT go to Trenchtown, Kingston, St Ann's Parish. Wonderful country, not sure how bad they got hit during the hurricane....

4. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Check TripAdvisor.

5. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
  6. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Not sure what you are looking for with the kids, BUT my wife & I stayed at Round Hill which gives you the option of a Villa & Butler OR you can stay in the main house which is more like a small Hotel. It has it's own beach & watersports HOWEVER it is very secluded, not much action at night etc.

7. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I love Ocho Rios. Stayed there many times.

Stay away from Kingston. Fly into Montego Bay instead and have a driver take you to Ocho Rios.

8. RandyT

RandyT Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2016
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy T
    I've been to Jamaica lots and lots of times. I would recommend the west end of the island near Negril. I've seen a couple of houses for rented on the beach, but I'm not sure if they're there anymore. I would recommend staying in the Bloody Bay. It has some nice, newer, upscale resorts and it's really quiet and beautiful. Some resorts on seven mile beach near the small town of Negril party until 2am, so if you like sleeping, forget it. Also, stay away for Hedonism unless you like seeing a lot of naked people that shouldn't be naked. Also, stay away from any big city, including Montego Bay. My two-cents.