575 on BAT | FerrariChat

575 on BAT

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Jonsav, Feb 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    Another 575 on BAT, this one is grigio

Will be interesting to see if it breaks reserve

2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Would be more interesting with a link. :)

JoeTSI likes this.
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Looks like a nice 575M (2003 F1 SN 133702, AN 50707) with an unusual set of options: CF and rear leather shelf and standard seats. Appears to be in good basic shape and the owner has added an aluminum driver foot rest and aftermarket carpet set. Grigio Alloy looks good on Maranellos and is a relatively rare color. 28K miles is reasonable for a 15 year old Ferrari. Less than 2000 miles/year.

4. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    What about 575#133203 at Russo& Steele Silver/WHITE interior first sold in Puerto Rica has emission stickers but not in the normal places. Has only 4000 miles on her doesn’t seem damp..... no maintenance records!
    Would you take a chance on her? Usual options stock 18” wheels etc. would white turn yellow in California sun?

5. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Surprisingly little going on with this BaT auction. Few comments... only three bids... having trouble going above $50,000... uh? Two days left and still a mountain to climb.

6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    The bids will come in late. Personally I would never want a car with all that carbon fiber on the inside. I had an SL Mercedes with it and I dont know how/why but warped and the car was always in a garage. Guess the humidity. It was very very very expensive and difficult to replace the carbon fiber in my benz after that. Carbon Fiber looks great, but no thanks on having it in my cars ever again.

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    No problems with the CF on Ferraris that I have seen other then the ones in the engine compartment on V8s yellowing with age. Easy to refinish, at any rate.

8. Steen Jensen

Steen Jensen Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2009
    I like the looks of CF too. Porsche has had problems with it delaminating. Expensive.

9. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Unique car. I have a friend with a '95 456 in that bluish silver. One of my favorite Ferrari colors. The CF bits work fine on it, to me. I want one of those dead pedals!

10. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    still at 50k .. hopefully we see action in the last mins

11. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Closed at $84k. If all is in order, that's a lot of Ferrari for the dough, I think.

12. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    around $87k with fees involved. Fair price, I was offered $82k by a Ferrari dealer to trade in my 575 recently. 2002 red/tan 20k miles with tubi,x-pipe,daytona seats. So this one with the color,lack of shields, and 40% higher miles is probably $75k or so wholesale. Solid buy imo. Doubtful he would lose money owning that car for 5 years and thats what its all about in the end, economical fun lol

13. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    So that one just ended and there's another one that's been listed. Is it me or does BAT seem to list Ferraris in groups of the same model?

14. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Actually, it's not just Ferraris. I agree with you on the run of Mondials, 308s, and now a follow-on Maranello. But over the last couple of months there has been a healthy run on Alfa GTVs (70-74 or so). It does seem when one car sells well, it inspires others who have been thinking of selling to go ahead and pull the trigger. Exceptionally well restored GTVs now have an established ceiling between $62-66k after multiple really fine examples have reached that price range. Prior to this run, the best examples were $50-55k. The same can be said for E-type Jags.

15. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    they wont run the same models at the same time. when i listed my e28 m5 - i had to wait. then another listed the minute mine ended.

16. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
  17. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Yup and the Grigio one that just ended didn't meet the reserve. Will be curious to see how this red one goes.

18. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    When the 575s were new these sold for over 200.000 dollar and these Alfas (at least here in Norway) was worth abot 10.000..... which one is the best "investment"?!?! The interesting thing is that the point where the cars are at their lowest price and starts to climb is depending on a lot variables unknow (for the most) to mankind. Who knows... maybe the 550/575 will be 3-400.000 in 5-10 years? This matter will certainly encourage people to buy an old Ferrari like these over a 599, F12 or 812 even if the technology is ancient compared to the new ones. So the big question is what is the more value of this modern technology and the extra 350 hp minus the depriciation compared to 515 hp and a "fairly modern" technology and apprechiation on top of that? 515 hp is an insane amount of power for a std size car anyway. The speedlimit is at 80 in most parts of the world anyway. And the Maranellos are a true Pininfarina design, while the new cars are designed in house at Ferrari with some aid from Pininfarina workers. That's what I have been rold at least.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Jürgen Geisler likes this.
  19. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I agree. It's all relative as well. I was with someone who has a F12 TdF and a LaFerrari (and he does actually drive them) last weekend who was saying they are insanely fast for a public road and he said how 'a manual 575 (as I have) is perfect, you won't get stopped by the police all the time because it's not too fast'.

A 200 mph car, not fast..and it's not, compared to those 2.

Jürgen Geisler and F456M like this.
  20. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That car should bring a very good price. Perfect spec and those wheels alone are worth a fortune now.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M likes this.
  21. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    BAT has alot no i mean A LOT of ignorant buyers, its not the right place for ferraris. I was on the gray one before and most of the comments were from guys saying well a 2006 corvette z06 is just as fast, requires less maintenance, and is cheaper. In my head I was like wtf how can you compare a mass produced piece of junk like a corvette, yes cool car, but not anywhere near the same level as a Ferrari. BAT is cool, the platform is cool, there aren't really that many buyers for cars who end at 1-4 pm on a tuesday afternoon. They have something great for sure with their model of cheaper buying and selling but the commentary thing needs to stop bc every Ferrari that comes up everyone acts like they cost $30k just to keep up. Its absolutely not true, sure timebombs can occur, but that can happen with any car, hell my Range Rover a few years ago I woke up and it was on the ground, $12k for new suspension it was out of warranty . Ferraris are for more refined people who appreciate the artwork and rarity of the car, not for people who want a honda civic with a modified engine that can beat it off the line. You either get what Ferrari is about or you don't and most BAT guys do not.

G. Pepper and Il Tifoso like this.
  22. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I traded a 2008 Z06 with 537 miles towards my 575M in July 2008. Not much comparison between the two except the Z06 was a lot quicker, but that was its only area of superiority. Except, of course, maintenance was a fraction of the 575M's.

Chupacabra and G. Pepper like this.
  23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    at least Ferrari's getting a little more bidding attention on BAT. I think FerrariChat eventually will be a better place for Ferraris more knowledgable buyers. I'm welcome to feedback why our first two auctions didn't even reach low wholesale type numbers.

24. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I think it's like 355 Fan said; BaT doesn't have a following of knowledgable Ferrari buyers yet. I only relatively recently discovered it. I'd heard of it before, but the name made me think it was all project cars. I know their business model has evolved since they started, but they're still stuck with the name.