F40 LM bonnet | FerrariChat

F40 LM bonnet

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by tryptomine, Feb 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tryptomine

tryptomine Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2007
    France
    Hi guys,

I am looking for F40 LM bonnet for narrow body.
    Maybe smn knows where I can find one.

Thanks

2. tryptomine

Nov 16, 2007
    France
    It's need too many work , no lights , no center section ((
    Saw his listing long ago.
    thanks

3. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Japan is where the road spec LM versions come from. Mototechnique in the UK have a mould for the wide body version. Simpson motorsport also have one so I am told.

A white F40 converted to LM bodywork from Japan was changed back to normal road spec in the UK last year (now painted blue). The removed LM clam has to be somewhere. I think Joe Macari did the work, so worth an email to them

4. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    The car mentioned is owned but Sam Moores, try and ask him as well.

5. tryptomine

Nov 16, 2007
    France
    Anyone know how to contact him ? Thanks

6. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
  7. tryptomine

Nov 16, 2007
    France
    Will try ) but I think chances is low ;(

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  9. tryptomine

Nov 16, 2007
    France
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ah, sorry to hear that....did you try contact them yourself in English or did you try via a Japanese broker? May be worth trying the latter if not tried already.

11. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Hope you project is coming along well.

One quick question: you say narrow body LM hood. Not sure there was ever an official LM hood that was anything other than the wide version. If you are keeping the hood dimensions the same as the standard car, you are looking at making a custom hood by creating the central vent. I think the Japanese kits are all "wide" to accommodate the wider tyres. I am sure there are more qualified people here to comment, but worth checking.

12. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I believe the Japanese ones are meant purely for road cars and do not use the wider track of the race LM or even wider evo clams. Some of the Japanese versions do not even have the central tunnel, just the LM lights. They also hinge from the front like the standard F40 clam, where as the LM race clam fouls if hinged so has to be completely removable. The giveaway is usually the lack of cut out on the road clams up by the wiper scuttle for the emergency pulls .

13. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
  14. tryptomine

Nov 16, 2007
    France
    will try )) thanks

15. mrknowitallf40

mrknowitallf40 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2005
    I don't think that Nicks aware that his bonnet won't really fit a road car. Even with the tabs in place, there is additional bodywork at the bottom
    of the wheel well openings. That causes problems, not to mention the latch position. The GTE cars have wider sills as well. This bonnet cannot be tilted forward without removing the front wheels. Additionally, the molded in spoiler might require the car to be raised further. It's more of a job than just the bonnet. In order to accommodate the radiator ducting, the radiator and the front subframe have to be modified, all at substantial cost in money and time. There is not enough width to accommodate the traditional large/small headlight combination usually seen in these conversions if you use the factory width bonnet. One last item is that the hot radiator exhaust enters the cockpit when the windows are rolled down. It's best to modify a factory piece. Are you doing this for the look or the performance. You can accommodate a larger radiator by laying it down in the factory subframe. Search for a crash repaired bonnet as a starting point.

16. tryptomine

Nov 16, 2007
    France
    I am doing this for look.
    Also many cars in Japan has narrow body bonnet and lights and everything else fits perfectly.

17. tryptomine

Nov 16, 2007
    France
    Bonnet found )))
    Now need to find Front lights and plexi covers ... maybe smn know where to find ?

Thanks