Key code = radio code? | FerrariChat

Key code = radio code?

Discussion in '612/599' started by RegW, Feb 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RegW

RegW Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    London
    I'm missing the security card with the codes (which are used to reprogram keys). I do however have the 5 digit security code for the radio - is it the same one? Otherwise, Modena is charging me £380 to give me the code - a pointless expense. Thx!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    No, totally different codes.

3. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Buy code card from your dealer with the proper documentation (title, proof of ownership).

4. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    The code card for your car should cost less than $20. I typically order one when ordering a new key for a customer just in case they cannot find their original card.

5. RegW

RegW Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    London
    I bought a reserve key by submitting all the documents (proof of ownership, identity, address) for £400. For the security code, they are asking an additional £370 - not £20. Are they taking me for a ride?

6. *599GTB*

*599GTB* Karting

Mar 15, 2016
    North West UK
    Full Name:
    SEG

7. RegW

RegW Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    London
  8. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    It seemed very excessive to me. I was just relating how much our dealership charges for the code card here in the USA. Maybe things are different in the UK, or maybe your dealership is overpriced.

9. RegW

RegW Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    London
    The paper card is £20 - but it comes blank. What is need is the code - alternatively, I'm asking my independent garage to reprogram all the keys via the ECU mgt software (per the other thread)

10. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I recently paid £485 for a new key from Greypaul's in Edinburgh, so £400 doesn't seem so bad. That was with me providing the code; think it was another £250 if they needed to look up the code for me. Its a complete racket, but they have you over a barrel- all the indi's I spoke to said that Ferrari were the only ones that could provide a new key.