Feeling a little guilty... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Feeling a little guilty...

Discussion in '360/430' started by 3POINT8, Feb 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    thanks so much guys. interesting points to think about...i appreciate it

2. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Absolutely invitation-only. Asking is far too forward and a complete eliminator of the possibility. I ran into the same sort of thing at airshows with my plane. I'm fairly approachable and not averse to making the offer when it feels right, but pushy people need not apply.

3. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I agree, invitation only. Don't lose sleep over it.

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    It speaks volumes that this bothers you ..you must be a good person ..glad to see that in the world today

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

5. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I usually let people sit in , and /or take a pic . It makes them happy, especially kids.

If they were creepy , tha't s another matter.

Dave rocks likes this.
  6. billy.gif

billy.gif Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2017
    Finland
    Every time a parent with little children approaches me I personally encourage them (kids) to sit in my 360 (and to take a photo them inside). My car, even its only a old 360 Modena, still brings so many smiles on faces of so many total strangers that I like to think I'm doing "the right thing" with my ownership of a Ferrari. The more joy it brings to this world, the better, IMHO.

Of course IF the car would be something like 250, 275 or any other really rare classic car (Miura or similar), I would be much more protective.

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Thank you, maybe they would if they had lived my life.

Dave rocks likes this.
  8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Don’t feel guilty. If your instinct was to leave, then you did the right thing. I usually only let people sit in my car if I ask them, not vice versa. If I get a positive sense about a person, I might let them if they ask.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. ty423

ty423 Karting

Jun 9, 2015
    Socal OC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Had a group of teenage girls and boys walk towards my direction in the parking lot. Girl asked to take a picture sitting inside. I said sorry but no. I know if I did each and everyone of them are going to want to so they can post on their social media...no thanks to higher risk of scratches on exterior and interior. I

10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    At shows I'll let the occasional kid sit behind the wheel for photos, but having an adult ASK to sit in it is just weird. I would have begged off too.