Thoughts on 430 Scuderia?? | FerrariChat

Thoughts on 430 Scuderia??

Discussion in '360/430' started by tryii, Feb 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tryii

tryii Rookie

Feb 13, 2018
    South Barrington, IL
    Full Name:
    Terry R. Yormark II
    Would appreciate your thoughts on positives / negatives on the 430 Scuderia. Wanted a Ferrari my entire life and working hard to be in a position to purchase my first one for my upcoming 40th. Leaning towards the 430 Scuderia for long term hold, enjoyment, value.
    Thoughts?!?
    Ps. LOVE the forum, you guys are great! Thank you so much!

Reacherman1022 likes this.
  2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Scuds are an event to drive. So much so that they intimidate some. But, wow. It's a track car for the street. Also, long term, a collectable that could appreciate in value.

It is not what I would have chosen for my first Ferrari, though.

You should use the search function to see all the many other threads on this topic.

Welcome to the asylum!

Caeruleus11 and paulchua like this.
  3. tryii

tryii Rookie

Feb 13, 2018
    South Barrington, IL
    Full Name:
    Terry R. Yormark II
    Now I'm curious, what would be your choice for your first Ferrari? The Scuderia intrigues me on so many levels and from an "investment" standpoint, I think perhaps they are starting to bottom on price. Appreciate the suggested search, will do!

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I love them.

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    360CSs are supposed to be a better investment because of fewer numbers and being "a first". Theoretically a race car modded for the street where as the Scud and Specialle were street cars first. Or so the story goes.
    458 Speciales are supposed too be good too because they were the last of the race-car-for-the-street N/A V-8s.
    Scud of course is in the middle.

6. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Absolutely go for the Scud - I've had a 360, CS, and 430 and a Scud since new in 2008 now with 11,000+ miles on it - can't believe I've had it 10 years - has been tracked often and never ha a problem - the handling will blow a CS out of the water and I tracked the CS a lot
    I didn't want to go to the 458 because of dual clutch - I like the bang I get when shifting hard - if you want any additional info add your phone number and I will call Image Unavailable, Please Login

ShineKen, Head911, Caphill and 8 others like this.
  7. augustxke

augustxke Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    MN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    The scud is my first Ferrari, bought it seven years ago and have driven it 12,000 miles. It has been totally reliable. It covers all the ferrari bases and will never feel like you are driving a BMW. It is a total recreational car with the best looking engine compartment.

8. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Caphill, Bundy, Makuono and 2 others like this.
  9. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Just showing how I altered the car for the track - added 2 pt roll bar, fire safety system - thats what the red button is where the lighter used to be - 5 pt harness - you get older and wilder you need more protection - LOL - and I'm definitely older

Makuono and G. Pepper like this.
  10. tryii

tryii Rookie

Feb 13, 2018
    South Barrington, IL
    Full Name:
    Terry R. Yormark II

That is one of the prettiest things I have ever seen. Absolutely stunning. The color is perfection and so are the wheels. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Reacherman1022 likes this.
  11. tryii

tryii Rookie

Feb 13, 2018
    South Barrington, IL
    Full Name:
    Terry R. Yormark II
    PS. This forum is awesome. What great people!!
    Terry

12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  13. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Where r u located in the world?

14. tryii

tryii Rookie

Feb 13, 2018
    South Barrington, IL
    Full Name:
    Terry R. Yormark II
    I can't. Completely powerless against these photos.

15. tryii

tryii Rookie

Feb 13, 2018
    South Barrington, IL
    Full Name:
    Terry R. Yormark II
    Chicagoland (South Barrington, IL)

16. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Isn't there a private race track near there - met a guy several years ago who said he owned one - very flashy guy to say the least

17. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Been to Indy there - right?

18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I am also 'planning' to acquire a Scud,as my 2nd Ferrari. 458 Speciale is out of my range but in any case i still prefer the Scud.

GLW search.

19. tryii

tryii Rookie

Feb 13, 2018
    South Barrington, IL
    Full Name:
    Terry R. Yormark II
    Yup https://www.autobahncc.com/
    Pretty amazing place where the big boys bring out all their Toys. Was able to take my old (new at the time) M3 out there in 2008 and had the time of my life. Four separate 20 minute hot lap sets and my new tires were completely melted. One of my family friends is a member out there and some of the members have garages that have have been turned into museums / man caves / sports bars. Inspiring and dreamy stuff.

20. Stephen Ayers

Stephen Ayers Rookie

Jan 21, 2018
    Bay Area, Northern California
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ayers
    I purchased my first Ferrari 2 weeks ago, 2008 Scuderia! Love it! Already have 2 track days. Different enough from my 991 GT3 RS that is forcing me to learn new techniques on the track.

Go for it!

Attached Files:

Racerjohn, LARRYH and raider1968 like this.
  21. Stephen Ayers

Stephen Ayers Rookie

Jan 21, 2018
    Bay Area, Northern California
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ayers
  22. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Go for the Scud, an extraordinary car. I don't see any negative aspects. In terms of its performance capabilities the Scud still plays on highest level (2,6kg/PS), gives you always an exceptionally intense driving experience, and this not only on the race track. The F1-Superfast-II-Gearbox in combination with the bullet proved and very strong 4.3 liter V8 engine forms a unique, incomparable drive unit. The suspension is very well tuned, gives you a direct feedback and allows a very fast and precise driving. In general, you notice in the entire car the direct influence of Michael Schumacher, not only when you press the "Schumi-button".

I often drive significantly stronger and faster cars. But the intense and honest driving experience from the Scuderia remains unmatched.

And because the prices of the Scuderia will stagnate or increase (with certainty) you make everything right with the purchase of this car. My recommendation: don't buy the cheapest one, buy the Scud which meets you in your heart. Then it becomes a relationship for your whole life.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    My favourite 'small' Ferrari. Still in love after 10 years now!

BTW, welcome to the forum!

:)

Caeruleus11 and tryii like this.
  24. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    After (as of Monday) 465 cars you learn a few things, and when people ask me about my opinion on a car, I tend to be a bit on the brutally honest side. The scud is a great car (have driven a couple myself), but OP, not sure what it is like in your neck of the words but as a street car where I am the Scud is a bit too high strung to be enjoyed. From a collectable standpoint who knows, I never buy a car for what is it going to be worth to someone else (besides I'm too damn old to have any chance of anything like that happening), all I care about is what is worth to me. I notice that no one has asked you what Ferrari's you have driven to come to your conclusions. People like me buy things on impulse (I buy a lot of things), many times without thought of whether I need them or what I am going to do with them. You sound like a person who plans, so what is your plan for the Scud, are you going to track it? Is it going to be a weekend car, or something you rarely drive because of fear of loosing value with higher mileage or an accident. I have advised many car buyers over the years and many times the car they may want and their needs are not quite aligned. I think the Scud is a beautiful and magnificent car, but I would not want one for myself, since it does not fit my needs. Then again I am long past 40 (not even sure I can remember 40), and maybe I would have thought as you do back then. Good luck, Happy Birthday and welcome

GTuned and Reacherman1022 like this.