A visit to Ferrari of Atlanta: | FerrariChat

A visit to Ferrari of Atlanta:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Dec 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I paid my first visit to FoA in several months, and I'm glad to report that the reconstruction is almost completed. The rebuilt corner showroom (which to me appears to have the same size and shape as it did before) now has cars in it, including a few very interesting ones. And the sitting area is larger and separated from the main showroom, though the familiar Testarossa engine table is still there. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Merlin Auto Group likes this.
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Merlin Auto Group likes this.
  3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wow! I went there a couple weeks ago and it was still tore up...will have to stop back in this week. I have seen that F12tdf, it's pretty.

4. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yes the place looks awesome!!

5. fedgery77

fedgery77 Karting

Apr 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Will & Webb have done a great job. I know that Ferrari now dictates exactly what they can and cant do, so its pretty swanky! a Long LONG way from the days over in Tucker! I keep kidding will that all he needs is for Ferrari to send him an F-1 car... & I'm sure one day they will have one. ( Ferrari sends last seasons car to the best performing dealer in a geography... for a year - kind of a trophy)... the Taylor made room is pretty cool... there must be about $100K of parts in that room just to spec out your new car!

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I haven't been there in several years.

I like it. I will make it a point to go there next trip over.

8. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    When we won the award, last year we were given a 12 cylinder motor to keep as our trophy. It's very nice and comes on a display stand. Hopefully, we will get it soon.

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Will, when you do, you ought to hold a "Grand Reopening" party.

10. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Great idea!

11. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Its been quite a while since I visited FOA as well. Need to get over there myself and see all the pretty cars. A Grand Reopening would be fantastic. Drew

12. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Great question and definitely in the works. The thinking, if one can call it that, is to have the Grand Opening party on February 9. Everyone is out of town in December and January so it seemed like an easy choice to do it then. We will make an announcement and make sure everyone knows the date. Until then, come by and say Hello.

13. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy

Wouldn't a Saturday be better when more of us are off for the day (and for those making a day trip out of town)?

If possible, how about the following Saturday which would be the eve of Enzo's 120th bday.

Just a thought.

14. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Hi Tommy,

great point and I hope you will still make it but we had to work through a ton of conflicts when we arrived at this date. If you can't be here for the party, please know it would be my pleasure to give you a tour any time. I hope you and yours have and amazing holiday.

Dr Tommy Cosgrove likes this.
  15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    So is the big event still on Friday? What time? Details?

Melons and tmvatlanta like this.
  16. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
    Guess not as no details at all.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Had a great time at FoA for the Grand Opening Party and 812 SF debut. The dealership is really gorgeous, they did such a great job. Looks amazing, hats off to everyone at FoA.

18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I had no advance notice. I asked but got no response. So who did they invite?

19. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Good question.... I guess there are those who are the "in crowd" and then there are the rest of us. Never heard anything about a grand opening. Shame as I am currently in market for a 599. Guess I will look elsewhere.............

20. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Ouch! Sorry Brian and Jim. We wrestled with this. OK, I wrestled with it and knew going in I would catch some flack over it since I knew it was an imperfect plan. We had to limit the event to 200 since more than that would overwhelm the event and the facility. There are only so many of us to welcome a host a proper showroom event. In limiting the attendance we invited anyone who had purchased a car in the last three years and we invited anyone who had serviced a car in the last two years. We had 92 RSVP's not including "plus 1's". The total list was over 200 and I know we still missed some folks. I love the club and this forum and hope you will forgive me. Please know we have some club focused events coming and I will always support the FCA and our local car community. This "falling on your own sword" thing hurts!

21. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    No big deal, Will.

I understand your position. No one here in would bump the customer paying millions for a curious Ferrari enthusiast when the seating is limited. I wouldn't. Limited space is limited space.

None of us has any doubt that had there been unlimited room, we would have been hearing about it for months AND had something in the mailbox as well.

Glad it was a success. I am going to stop by when I am over for the Mitty to see the new setup and say hello.

22. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Thanks Tommy and please give me a shout when you come through. Looking forward to the Mitty this year!

Dr Tommy Cosgrove likes this.
  23. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Funny that people complain here about not being part of the 'in crowd', and then look down on others that aren't up to snuff for owning a Lotus one thread down. It's a weird, wild world in these fancy car forums. Sounds like the showroom is a hit, and you had a very successful opening event. I hope you guys do really well in the new digs. I'm not much into politics, professional, or otherwise.

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    No problem, Will. I figured there might be a space problem and that in that case you might limit the list to people who had either purchased cars from you or had their cars regularly serviced there. With the film festival I had been attending, I might not have been able to make it, anyway. Is the Superfast still on the premises? And did the Yearbooks ever show up?