Danica Patrick out of NASCAR | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Danica Patrick out of NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GuyIncognito, Sep 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. You need to visit your nearest short track on a Saturday night. 'Might think...nay...know, otherwise... (and have some downhome fun too):)

2. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Sorry but I fully disagree. Whoever wins the first race is starting 3rd and the second race is starting 4th and so on. Tell me how this is not so for setting the field up through 30 or whatever it is? They have been doing this because its call Speedweek for a reason. To give fans some form of action over the course of the week. I am up for almost any racing action so I will take it. Better than sitting here bitching about it.

3. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Of course I should have included racing that is not covered by media or on TV. I stand corrected.

4. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    There are channels that cover this...

5. Don't fergit it used to be called SPEEDWEEKS (ain't still?) back when the 24 ran 2 weekends before the 500. All the practice and support races.... (see my signature) ;)

6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    In theory perhaps, but that's not the way it works in the end.

Watch closely further down the field, those with higher finishing positions in the Twin qualifying races are
    shuffled behind those whom were in lower finishing positions. It's a game of musical chairs with NASCAR
    officials in a locked booth high above the circuit stopping the music at their whim.

And, the thing is, even with all the heavy handed outright manipulation, they're absolutely shameless about
    it.

Just as with the convoluted NASCAR points scoring system which is all but irrelevant due to the "Chase"
    procedure, no one (even NASCAR officials) can explain it.

Even long time NASCAR apologists are fed up with all the nonsense. NASCAR broadcast ratings and ticket
    sales are down across the board with all the idiotic rules changes and "manufactured drama" (Burton Smith's
    words, not mine).

BHW

7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  8. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    As long as she actually goes away - that is all that matters.

9. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    thank god she is finally out of it. now, she has only 1 more race which will be at the speedway.. I am sure she will crash and blame everyone but herself. just like she does in everything else she races in.

Miltonian likes this.
  10. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Coming to weekday afternoon TV soon:

DANICA! Weekdays right ever Ellen!

BHW

11. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
  12. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    she just needs to go away...

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    She will in less than 3 months.

14. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Nah....The home shopping network will have her greatest hits on DVD. All for your enjoyment. :p