Bovee WMA1000 Tune2Air IPOD to Bluetooth | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bovee WMA1000 Tune2Air IPOD to Bluetooth

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by aggiestckl, Jan 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    I think it depends on if you use the Bovee 1000 with an Iphone or Android. I have Samsung S6 and it works but it doesn't show any songs or tracks. Also I have to turn my Bluetooth off and back on in my phone every time i get out of the car or even if I switch to the radio!

2. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Rookie

Jun 18, 2006
    Same problem on my 458, I bought the adapter with the Bovee USB from car to the plug on the Bovee, nothing comes up on dash, I can link Iphone X to it the Bovee and thats about it, help!

3. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Did the car come with a 30pin adapter or did you add it later?

Are you using a 30pin to lightning connector as well or a separate cable to the head unit?

SV

4. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Rookie

Jun 18, 2006
  5. 430 Scooter

430 Scooter Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    Mine has the iPod 30-pin from the factory. Same issues as Kevin.

I thought it was the iPhone X, but I found my old iPhone 6 and went through the trouble to resurrect it (re-activate it with iTunes). Same issue, no IPOD menu after physically connecting it and pairing over BT.

6. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I think you need the Bovee with the 30 pin connector for it to work propoerly, or maybe it is mandatory for it to work at all, hence the USB is not an option

bball16, 430 Scooter and JimmyChooToo like this.
  7. payneless

payneless Karting

Oct 23, 2013
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Connect Bovee to IPod cable after pairing with your Iphone. When car recognizes bluetooth signal IPod shows up on the TFT screen. You can then control from screen. On my car I have to reconnect Bovee every time. It doesn't reconnect automatically.If Ipod doesn't show on TFT screen then not connected.

8. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't get it. I'm streaming off a 6S and it works every time. No need to rehook up, it just comes up. It even streams Sirius off my phone.

9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I tried the Bovee1000 in my 2014 458 with factory iPod (30 pin connector) and it worked with my iPhone X with no problem at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Wireless-Bluetooth-Interface-Integration/dp/B00B52LLJ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1518743322&sr=1-1&keywords=bovee+1000

Some things to remember:

1- set the volume on your iPhone to max. Otherwise you are reducing resolution (digital volume control)

2- its ever so slightly slower to respond than a connected iPod and when changing songs quickly there are a few pops present in the audio but not when listening for more than 10-20 seconds (the price of going wireless?)

3- I think the sound quality is nearly as good as the direct connected iPod- it might be as good- hard to go back and forth quickly.

4- If you want to use another iPhone you have to disconnect your iPhone and then pair the other phone.

bball16 likes this.
  10. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Ok.

So as near as I can tell this works by setting up a virtual iPod interface to a Bluetooth connection. It won’t use Bluetooth on your car. Bluetooth is only from the iPhone to the Bovee.

However, you MUST have an ipod interface already available on your car. Can’t plug into a usb connector as near as I can tell. I suggest not Bluetooth pairing the iPhone to the car when you are using this either. Only this connection.

You also may need to upgrade the car software for the audio/iPod interface to something that is stable for this to work consistently.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and 430 Scooter like this.
  11. 430 Scooter

430 Scooter Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    How do you do this?

12. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Would have to be a dealer visit...

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    It works just fine when my phone is paired to my car for phone functions and also when my phone is paired to the Bovee1000. The car sees the Bovee as an iPod and the iPhone sees the Bovee as a pair of BT headphones. Worked right on the first try. If your car does not have an iPod interface that will be a problem.

dustman and bball16 like this.
  14. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    Can anyone else chime in who uses an Android phone with the Bovee so we can compare experiences? It seems that iphones work better with the Bovee than the Samsung android system.

15. Boston George

Boston George Rookie

Feb 5, 2018
    Bovee works great. I use tune in app or Spotify and I stream music for free. I have unlimited data plan. Why pay satellite radio. I have the option on my 458. But don’t use it. I am always streaming. The Bovee was the most expensive one on amazon. But there must be a reason why. So I got it and works great.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. mjesq

mjesq Rookie

Dec 24, 2017
    Los Angeles
    I can't select iPod when I connect the Bovee and have the phone on connected. Does anyone else have this issue and how to solve being able to select iPod from the menu screen?

17. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Unfortunately this issue began cropping up for me also. The only fix is to physically disconnect and reconnect the Bovee. Then it works. It's annoying. I went back to using my iPod in the car.

18. Antmoney

Antmoney Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2009
    Miami Beach
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I have the Bovee WMA1000 tune2air(MI-30P), couldn't get it to work properly in my F430. Doesn't recognize under media, like when you plug iPod in. I went and bought Aluratek 30-pin Bluethooth Audio receiver, AIS03F, based on F-chat recommendation. Can't get that to work either. I've had no luck with either one, so not sure what to do. Sucks using old iPod, because it doesn't charge, which is really annoying. Any options or suggestions out there, I'm all ears. I have a feeling I'm stuck at this point.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Same for my 15 spider. Annoying but it eventually works.

20. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Im not a big streamer anyway, I just wanted to simplify my life so I didn't have to remember to update the old iPhone I am using as an iPod in my car. But its ok. Let that be my worst problem!

21. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Honestly I think, what my friend has done it the best way forward. To buy a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter:
    https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD824AM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-02-m?fnode=96dcbbe2055e5b713be3a03b8e8eda5f7a5bd81102ba307a24a4ab3c263e356117bf3a062d1bf060db3c9f1abb5ffbc2c459fea9b6849f55e2adb7a5dc760cb095722b6b03ea145c6e2736fb12c837470f25472bc088a181b393bb759fc3c80f

If needed add an extender for the lightning cable if you want to have the iphone visual in the cabin for scrolling between tracks, using the navigation etc. The extender that I googled would work is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GP08858/ref=s9_hps_bw_g147_i1

The later is not needed if you only want to play music I guess, as the songs comes up on the right screen you should be able to switch songs using the buttons in the steering wheel.

I will test this soon my self and let you guys know the outcome.

My friend has confirmed that it works in his 458 and he found a longer cable of the lightning to 30 pin cable-adapter which I will give a go in a couple of weeks when I take the car out from her winter-sleep.

If any one has already tried this without luck please chime in, and if someone was successfull with this that would also be good to know :)

22. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    @Antmoney Id get another iPod or see about having your iPod's battery replaced. There are a ton of places that provide this service. (Or there used to be).

@Ash Patel , This will work, but I would not recommend this method. It uses a very very very poor digital to analog convertor. The resulting sound is horrible. I would just use an old school 30 pin iPod or spare iPhone you might have lying around.

Ash Patel likes this.
  23. mjesq

mjesq Rookie

Dec 24, 2017
    Los Angeles
    I wouldn't mind connecting it each time so long as it worked and I could actually select the iPod part. I am going to continue to experiment with this and report back my findings. The sound quality was very good when it was working.

24. Antmoney

Antmoney Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2009
    Miami Beach
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I would say this is a royal rocking pain in the ass! Gotta love Ferrari, if doesn't have to do with performance, it's not important. Lol. Thank god the performance and looks are awesome. Anyway, this is what was suggested to me below, so I will try this and see what it does.

Hello Anthony,
    When the Bovee 1000 is correctly paired to the 6112 you should see it state "connected" when observing through your settings/bluetooth option within your personal phone right after ign key is cycled to position 2
    If above is a YES then when going into settings external media you should select "AUX" within the 6112..mine works flawlessly everytime.
    PM if you still have trouble...be happy to help out.

Ash Patel likes this.
  25. mjesq

mjesq Rookie

Dec 24, 2017
    Los Angeles
    I have found that simply turning off the Bluetooth on my phone and then turning it back on and reconnecting to Bovee works to sync the phone for streaming. Once this is done, it works for each drive session in my Ferrari 458.