Adding a GT2 RS or GT3 to my 488 & FF | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Adding a GT2 RS or GT3 to my 488 & FF

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jordan68, Oct 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
  2. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Not even close. GT2. If you have to ask you don't deserve one :rolleyes:

95spiderman likes this.
  3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    complete no brainer, get the gt2rs which will be an all time collectable Porsche.

but then you need to sell it for huge profit and buy a performante which is much cooler with its na engine. then bank the leftover $ for next car

Afonsolaw and uhn2000 like this.
  4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Which should be the track version of 720s.

5. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Now the 720 LT (or whatever the hell it will be named) could be very interesting. Years away though.

6. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Great thread! I love the morph to the Performante and the 720LT!

I am getting and keeping the manual GT3. If I get the 2RS allocation, I’m keeping it as well. Anyone flipping that car before ten thousand miles or three years should lose their allocations for life on any and all Porsche, Lambo, Volkswagens. Okay, they can still get VW’s. But they must be the smallest engine versions.

Jordan68 likes this.
  7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I’ve gone right off McLaren. Not sure why since they treated me very well and my car was reliable. I thought it was because I have bought a number of Ferraris since my Mac and I had become hooked on them. But no, I bought a GT3RS recently and love that car, absolutely love it.

I would not swap it in a straight trade for a 720. As for MSRP v MSRP there is no comparison IMV. Of course I haven’t driven a 720, but I don’t like the look (of any of them really), I doubt the 720’s feeling is unrecognisable from McLarens of the past so I am guessing much faster, more sophisticated, better turn-in etc. The sort of development that a 488 brings over a 430 and 458. The car is recognisably a Ferrari but miles quicker, better handling etc. Those things are not really relevant to my preference for the GT3RS over a 720. I love the track-oriented feeling of the RS, the rawness, the unburstabile feel of the thing, it’s quite a practical shape - sort of old-school, and that noise is simply wonderful. And I love it because of all that. Things I know the 720 doesn’t provide.

The GT2RS will be a monster, but if it loses the sound, if its long-term value is like other GT2s and if it is not as sweet to drive as a GT3RS, then buy the GT2RS with your allocation and see if they will turn it into the forthcoming GT3RS. Exactly what I would do if I could.

stavura and Shack like this.
  8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

I spent most of the day driving my GT3 RS. I couldn't agree with you more. The car is epic. Its a phenomenal drive. I also drove the 570 today at an event Mclaren was doing. Nice car. Quick. But like every other Mclaren Ive driven- no emotion. No soul. Its a nice lovely car but I dont want a nice lovely car. I want a beast. The RS is a beast. Im a first time Porsche owner. Im thoroughly impressed.

JagShergill likes this.
  9. Baitschev

Baitschev Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2017
    Vienna
    You all have to much Money
    Spend it
    Do. Not Buy this **** Porsche

Melvok likes this.
  10. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Why ask us Jordan ...

11. Charlie Hitt

Charlie Hitt Rookie

Sep 10, 2017
    Full Name:
    Charlie Hitt
    GT2. Get it. If offered, take it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    With an allocation for the GT2, I would get it without thinking about it!

LVP488 likes this.
  13. modelman992005

Aug 4, 2015
    my game plan . Have a 488 GTB which hopefully I will trade to get a 488 Pista . My GT2RS is coming in June and my 812 is coming fall of 2020. End result is a 812 , 488 Pista and GT2RS . My dream garage complete!!!

14. HOBE456

HOBE456 Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    One is an investment, the other a driving track car. What are you trying to achieve?

15. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    This is an easy decision. Get both.

stavura likes this.
  16. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Could you send some pictures of your line up.

Thinking of adding a RR SVR (575 hp) to my garage. How you get on with your RRS?