488 GTO ? | Page 166 | FerrariChat

488 GTO ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wab0625, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  2. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Guys, could you please stop guessing names? You won't be getting any Ferrari freebies or VS allocations if you guess the name right :D :D

3. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Too pity Assetto Corsa is completed, it would be fantastic to have the 488 VS in the line-up, probably it will come in Assetto Corsa Competizione

polishhammer83 and of2worlds like this.
  4. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    +1

5. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    It would be a touch of class from Ferrari if they released the 488 GTO along side the are 2018 F1 Ferrari car. It would show road relevance being both having turbo engines.....

wait a second.......as I write this. Has anyone every considered it could be called the Ferrari 488 F1??? That would be insane ESPECIALLY if they released it on the same stage as the 2018 F1 car.

I'm still staying strong with GTO but damn would 488 F1 ever be a close second

6. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    488 F1? The Boys & Girls from Woking won't appreciate...

7. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I like 488 Corsa...

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    Kinda like how Ferrari didn't appreciate the Pontiac GTO

of2worlds likes this.
  9. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    So we will have on 20 the release of the 488gto, on 21 assetto corsa surprize, and on 22 Ferrari 2018 F1 car?

Don't know its an coincidence that all three events are in 3 days.

10. ARAUJO77

ARAUJO77 Rookie

Sep 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Héctor Araujo
    Hi everyone, is a pleasure for me to share opinions in this thread with you guys; about the name i think GTO will suit perfectly to this car, considering it means "Gran Turismo Omologato", which was a requirement for GT cars to be allowed in endurance championship back in the 60's (remember when the Commendatore changed his cars livery in 1964 to white and blue, when he wasn't allowed to homologate his 250 LM); and currently Ferrari is racing in the WEC in GT category with the 488; so it is really an homologated racing car. In the other hand, about comments refering to Daytona, i think it is a very relevant track in Ferrari history, due to the 1-2-3 finish in 1967 24 hours of Daytona (with my fellow countryman the Mexican driver Pedro Rodríguez driving the 412P #26), which was a kind of revenge for Ferrari after Ford's victories at LeMans.

11. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    ARAUJ077: "In the other hand, about comments refering to Daytona, i think it is a very relevant track in Ferrari history, due to the 1-2-3 finish in 1967 24 hours of Daytona (with my fellow countryman the Mexican driver Pedro Rodríguez driving the 412P #26), which was a kind of revenge for Ferrari after Ford's victories at LeMans."

Interesting. That is as good an argument as any for the name. Welcome to FerrariChat!

ARAUJO77 and Silberpfeil like this.
  12. ARAUJO77

ARAUJO77 Rookie

Sep 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Héctor Araujo
    Thanks !

13. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner
    i am pretty sure, that they don't release the name during tomorrows presentation. What would they reveal at the press conference in Geneva when the car has been shown and the name released already? the target of each press conference is having the maximum attention of journalist from all over the world - wouldnt be the case, if car has been shown and name released. so dont be disappointed after tomorrows preview at dealers - i am looking forward anyway:)

Melvok likes this.
  14. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    The invitation from the UK dealer says "cordially invites you to its showroom for the official naming of the New V8 Sport Special Series"

The invitation from my German dealer on the other hand says nothing about naming.

I am guessing we find out the name tomorrow.

G. Pepper and Silberpfeil like this.
  15. Honken

Honken Karting

Mar 24, 2014
    Gothenburg
    Full Name:
    Henrik
    Melons and Goodman like this.
  16. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann

F140C likes this.
  17. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
  18. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    The name will be divulged on Tuesday.

19. Goodman

Goodman Rookie

Mar 2, 2015
    Brussels
    Full Name:
    George
    yes i agree... i hope not...

20. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    This car is significantly longer at the rear than the GTB. The diffuser protrudes heavily, and from a rear that is itself extended. It has a longer tail than you-know-who’s you-know-what, ironically. I also agree that the spoiler is not fixed. It looks like it moves at the front to blow both the top surface and the surfaces underneath once elevated (while still looking like there is no real wing in place). I don’t think this has ever been seen before on a road car and in conjunction with the hyper-aggressive diffuser looks like a big step-change in aerodynamic downforce quantity.

....Unless that wing lifts off the deck much higher into the airflow, like a P1. I personally doubt that.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    488 LT ;-)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

22. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    That's what Ferrari has always done. Reveal name, specs and photos before Geneva.

markonex likes this.
  23. kubakozal

kubakozal Karting

Mar 6, 2017
    Poland
    Names, specs and photos of Portofino and 812 Superfast were released before they were shown on motorshows.

But in case of LaFerrari Aperta they released photos without final name of the car. Name 'Aperta' leaked via their website, where images had filename "laferrari-aperta-news"

24. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    488 Corse

25. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    correct, Tuesday the presentation will be virtual, plus more details and the name, like an Action Movie Trailer plus the Name. The red carpet premiere will be held in Geneva and we will see, touch and feel the real Story.

Hollywood :)